Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the dynasty is over, where would you rank the Warriors all-time as a team?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Now that the dynasty is over, where would you rank the Warriors all-time as a team?

I believe they are the only team to win 67+ games in 3 consecutive seasons.

As far as talent goes, we never saw a team that matches the Warriors, they didn't have the longevity of the 80's Lakers or 90's Bulls, but at their best they probably beat both teams in a 7 game series. I'd take the 2017 Warriors over any team in history for that matter. 3 titles in 5 years with 5 finals appearances isn't bad at all, they won the same amount of titles as Bird's Celtics in a lesser amount of time.

Thoughts?
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I'd wait a year to say the dynasty is really over.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I think the Warriors still have some gas left in the tank, I'm not saying they will be back in the finals again next year
      but there's to much talent right now to write the dynasty off, kind of the same situation going on with the New England Patriots, would love to see my local team in another Super Bowl, but it's going to be tough.

We just lost game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals and at home for goodness sakes, still shaking our heads around here
      but unlike the Patriots, the Bruins are no dynasty and never will be.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Oakland born & raised here...and still living in Oakland. I’m obviously a huge Warriors fan. Had season tickets during the Run TMC era.

Having said that...I’d place these Warriors third all time.

1. Bill Russell’s Celtics.
        2. Michael Jordan’s Bulls
        3. Splash Brothers/Durant Warriors
        4. Showtime Lakers (Magic/Kareem)
        5. Tim Duncan/David Robinson/Gregg Popovich Spurs

Honorable mention: Larry Bird’s Celtics, Isiah Thomas’ Pistons, Kobe/Shaq Lakers, and Hakeem Olajuwon‘s Rockets.

P.S. I think the Warriors are not done. Yes, they will still be a playoff team next season...but they will be back as title contenders once Klay Thompson returns...and if Kevin Durant decides to stay with the team.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

BTW...congrats to the Toronto Raptors.

Injuries are part of the game, no excuses.

Kawhi Leonard is a beast.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Non-Bay Area residents don’t know the dynamics of the Warriors here. Outsiders think Oaklanders are angry and sad that they are moving 12 miles across the bridge to San Francisco. Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS...not Oakland Warriors. Oracle crowds were never exclusively Oaklanders...they were from all over the Bay Area...Hayward, Alameda, San Francisco, Concord, Walnut Creek, Berkeley, Fremont, Daly City, San Jose, Burlingame, Dublin, etc. This is the only Northern California pro sports team that truly identified with everyone...unlike the Giants, A’s, Raiders, Niners, Sharks, Stanford, Cal.

Now had their name changed to San Francisco Warriors (who originally came from Philadelphia), then there would’ve been a problem.

They will play in San Francisco next season...draw basically the same crowds. They will still be called the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS.
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

The Bulls are definitely ahead of the Warriors, does Kerr even get the job without all his rings from there?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Yeah, I don’t think the Warriors or any other team in NBA history top the 90s Chicago Bulls, who would likely have had 8 straight titles had Jordan not left the game for a season and 2/3’s.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

1. 50’s/60’s Celtics
                  2. Bulls
                  3. 80’s Lakers
                  4. Warriors
                  5. Spurs
                  6. 80’s Celtics

I’m not sure The Warriors are done though. One more title and I would rank them ahead of Lakers.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    Yeah, I don’t think the Warriors or any other team in NBA history top the 90s Chicago Bulls, who would likely have had 8 straight titles had Jordan not left the game for a season and 2/3’s.

- Ian
                    Bill Russell’s Celtics, 11 titles during his 13-year playing career.

I don’t like could’ve, would’ve, should’ve...I like final end results.

That’s why I rank them number one.

But Jordan’s Bulls are right up there at number two...in my humble opinion of course...
                    Last edited by Hector; Jun 15, '19, 3:20 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

What about the Globetrotters, I believe they are the all time undefeated team.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

^They do have a loss. I remember reading it in the paper at the time. It was a big deal.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

The Washington Generals have beaten the Globetrotters three times.
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            The Washington Generals have beaten the Globetrotters three times.
                            I bet that was rigged. Still 3 defeats in what 50 plus years? Got Phil Jackson beat right there. If Michael Jordan could use ladders and pull down the trunks of opponents he'd have two hands full of rings.
                            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jun 16, '19, 2:59 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Globetrotters were fun to watch and there talent was pretty amazing, but up against NBA real competition and playing by NBA rules, even the Knicks beat them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎