Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Beware... the Creeper!

928565EC-34BB-4325-AB5A-FA87E50B4F26.jpg

8B27DF5F-43E6-4AAC-B2BC-505EF41E017F.jpg

2455BA0B-DE26-4FFF-8D16-820C450DEB9F.jpg

64C95EAD-AA2F-4C69-AE51-01DE1E593D2A.jpg

The Creeper arrived today...

The head sculpt is good, though just a bit big. I get sort of a Neal Adams vibe here. The "boa" (I'm not sure what to call it) is a bit too bushy so I'll probably try to trim it. I went ahead and got the yellow body suit for a more classic look. Really like this guy--great addition to my Bronze Age figures.
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

He does look great! Ordered mine as well. I like the idea of the yellow suit though so I will order one too.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

I was totally fine with mine as a bare yellow body, but I have to admit I really like the way your suit looks. Guess FTC will be making a few more bucks from me.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

yeah I also put a yellow suit on him and it's a improvement.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I'm not sure about the modern version, but the classic version never read as a bare-skinned yellow man to me so he just looks right to me in the yellow suit.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like he's got the flat profile like most of the other recent new sculpts. That's a shame.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rodkeith
              I was totally fine with mine as a bare yellow body, but I have to admit I really like the way your suit looks. Guess FTC will be making a few more bucks from me.
              I have yellow suits, but I thought he looked good... then I see the yellow body suit and thought... DANG! He looks better! So I guess I will be converting mine to a body suit (and probably a better body, if I know FTC's body quality) when I finally open him up.

Thanks for the pictures Krypt0nite!

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

I put the yellow suit on, as well. In the original tale, he was wearing yellow tights, so it wasn't his actual skin. Still, not complaining that we now have a yellow male body to work with.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                  Youngest Mego Fan
                  • Aug 30, 2019

This is the first time I've heard about this character. Apparently, he's a DC Comics character? I know almost all the DC characters, but not him...
                  FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by DaniellePlaysWithToys
                    This is the first time I've heard about this character. Apparently, he's a DC Comics character? I know almost all the DC characters, but not him...
                    Yes! He debuted in Showcase #73 in 1968. Co-Created by Steve Ditko and Don Segall

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

and I admit, though I know of the creeper,I don’t know his origin story. Does it have anything to do with the joker?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                        and I admit, though I know of the creeper,I don’t know his origin story. Does it have anything to do with the joker?
                        just in the Batman Animated Series, in the comics no
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                          Youngest Mego Fan
                          • Aug 30, 2019

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          just in the Batman Animated Series, in the comics no
                          Jack Ryder under the effects of The Joker's laughing gas in The New Batman Adventures episode "Beware the Creeper." For some darn reason, I liked this scene ...

So what is his origin story in the comics?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Jack Ryder was a reporter that was looking for work and was hired by a security company. He was out to rescue a scientist that was being held by mobsters trying to get his secret inventions. Ryder infiltrated the mobsters mansion during a costume party where he wore a bunch of odds and ends from a costume shop...The Creeper's costume. Ryder is stabbed in the attempted rescue and the scientist injects a serum and puts a device in his wound. The serum was basically super soldier type thing healing, strength and agility. The device allowed Ryder to change to the creeper and back to Ryder. The scientist is killed taking his secrets with him.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                              Youngest Mego Fan
                              • Aug 30, 2019

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Jack Ryder was a reporter that was looking for work and was hired by a security company. He was out to rescue a scientist that was being held by mobsters trying to get his secret inventions. Ryder infiltrated the mobsters mansion during a costume party where he wore a bunch of odds and ends from a costume shop...The Creeper's costume. Ryder is stabbed in the attempted rescue and the scientist injects a serum and puts a device in his wound. The serum was basically super soldier type thing healing, strength and agility. The device allowed Ryder to change to the creeper and back to Ryder. The scientist is killed taking his secrets with him.
                              Yeah, I kinda like the BTAS version better.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎