Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Images
    Should I watch the original movie before watching the new series?

Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    Should I watch the original movie before watching the new series?
    You've never seen the Dark Crystal? Since the new one is a prequel, I would wait a little while longer. It's only been out for thirty seven years...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    You've never seen the Dark Crystal? Since the new one is a prequel, I would wait a little while longer. It's only been out for thirty seven years...
    I saw it when it first came out, but I don't remember much about it.

You can watch this without ever having seen the earlier movie. Sort of like the marvel movie universe - you can fully enjoy them without the insider comic book knowledge, but if you do have that, it adds another layer of entertainment. There are a few questions I have that I hope to see resolved as the series moves on that I would not think of if I had never seen anything about Dark Crystal before, but that does not detract at all from the experience of watching this.
    It might change how you view the 80s movie, tho. Sort of like watching little anikan skywalker might change how you perceive vader if you had seen the SW prequels before the original trilogy.
    Fantastic use of puppetry and practical effects throughout this show, btw. Highly recommended if you like that sort of thing.