X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by SeattleEd
    Right? Hitting 90s here in PacNW which is unusual for us for this time of year.
    Your area is similar to my area...yours a bit wetter though.

90+ degrees are few and far between here in the coastal Northern Californian places. I mean, the more you go east towards the inland valley, past the hills, yes, it gets much hotter. Bay Area cities like Walnut Creek, Concord, Fairfield, Antioch, Santa Rosa, Hercules, Vallejo, etc...they are much hotter than the cities next to the Bay like San Francisco, Daly City, Half Moon Bay, Pacifica, Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, etc.

This image illustrates the vast different micro climates we have in the Bay Area:

Two weeks ago, here in Oakland, we had two days that were in the 90s, but then quickly after that, it went back to the 70s. Right now it’s 71 degrees, perfect.
    Last edited by Hector; Jun 23, '19, 6:41 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Today was nice. Went swimming, got some sun.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

It finally warmed up to the average temps here, averaging lower 80's but it's still raining almost every day

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

When it comes to New England weather, everyday is an adventure, it just can't make up its mind, and although the meteorologist try their best, there usually 50/50 I still keep a blanket on my bed, since I use it one night, then the next
          I don't need it, then the next I need it again. I rather have 100 degree days with dry west coast heat, then this overcast
          thick muggy rainy crap, my heart goes out to the folks in Florida, your summers must be brutal.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Klosterheim
            It's in the 100's and up to around 110 in these parts.

It is an especially bad 100's this year, it must be more steady and more dry this time.

Being outdoors gave me a horrible deep red sunburn not long ago.

Have to find good ways to live in the heat.

Too many medical conditions can be caused by excessive heat, heat stroke etc.

Take care,
            I've been to Vegas and remember seeing the billboard temp at 114 degrees, and honestly it didn't bother me, I was walking the strip in a t shirt and jeans, but maybe that's because I deal with hot humid weather back home? but the most amazing thing was walking in 114 degree heat and looking out in the distance and seeing the snow cap mountain tops.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I was in Phoenix when it was 118 degrees one Summer, holy mother of gawd, lol.

Mexicali, Mexico gets even hotter...hated staying there for a week. They just had one hellish day in 2017...124 degrees...

But at least those were hot and dry. The humid hotness, like the Yucatán, much more uncomfortable.

I’m never leaving the Bay Area...
              sigpic

Comment

• Cee
                • Sep 7, 2018

We had a cold snap one mid-summer about 20 years ago that had me reaching for a sweater !

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  I've been to Vegas and remember seeing the billboard temp at 114 degrees, and honestly it didn't bother me, I was walking the strip in a t shirt and jeans, but maybe that's because I deal with hot humid weather back home? but the most amazing thing was walking in 114 degree heat and looking out in the distance and seeing the snow cap mountain tops.
                  Yeah I'd take the Vegas dry heat any day over the ungodly humid heat we get. 80-90 can feel worse than 110 when the humidity is so high you can barely breathe.

Comment

• steelcouch
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 11, 2006

I went to a New Orleans toy buyers convention last year around late June and literally hated the weather. I would take the Fresno heat along with Phoenix weather any day over the weather in Orleans. It rained at least once a day while we were there.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Still here. Won't be gone until late Sept or Oct.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Well around here, we're getting 100 degree days with the humidity and factor in the wind, very bad for your health,
                        heat index values around 107-114 it's going to last about 3-4 days, not good for elderly and small pets.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎