X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Some Legionnaires

I don't know if we will ever see any (FTC) Legion of Super-Heroes, so when I see a possibility, I try and go for it.

Here are the first two I am working on, plus Superboy:

Custom LOSH.jpg

Suits by megowgsh and bleit1701, plus parts, probably from CTVT.

I had the Ultra Boy suit for a while and a decent head, but as a non-customizer, or a super simple one, I never got around to trying to paint it. When I saw the Chachi, I thought he made a good Jo Nah. I just need to add the red to his boot tops.

When I first saw the new Mego Kris Munroe, I thought Supergirl, but changed my mind. Then I thought... Saturn Girl! I still need to make/get a costume logo and I wish someone made taller white boots for females, but I am pretty happy with how this came out.

Superboy, I just added red shorts because I could not rip the belt seams off the suit, so I just covered them up.

I think Mego Kelly Bundy would make a good Dream Girl, so she may be next.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 12, '20, 6:19 PM.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

There are so many figures I wish FTC would do. From 1938 to now.

I doubt I'll see even a fraction of them.

That said, your customs are outstanding.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Very nice versions of Imra and Jo. FTC should definitely take note.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Those really came out nice, and I agree with the above, FTC should give this some thought.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Ultra Boy is one of my favorites, and you did him justice. Great job!
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Plastic Vulcan
              • Apr 25, 2019

Originally posted by B-Lister
              There are so many figures I wish FTC would do. From 1938 to now.

I doubt I'll see even a fraction of them.

That said, your customs are outstanding.
              I contacted FTC and suggested they carry a LSH Line using the Teen Bodies for the SA version of the characters and the 8 inch bodies for the BA versions. No response.

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the teen bodies on the old teen titans, they look more like 10 year olds than teens, don't send the legion down that wrong route. If they don't make a larger teen body just make everyone 8".
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

They are getting harder to find but the Original FTC stooge body , made before the CTVT debut, is right in between the 8 inch male body and the Titan body.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

My Legion of Super-Heroes are slowly building. Here is the latest group shot:

Custom Legion of Super-Heroes.jpg

Still a lot of work to do...

Superboy: FTC Superboy with red shorts over top of the suit.

Dream Girl: Just got this suit custom made from bleit1701. NuMego Kelly Bundy is the base body here with NuMego white boots. My idea for her arm bands didn't work, so I have to figure that out. Maybe white vinyl to match the suit.

Lightning Lad: bleit1701 suit again, this time from eBay. I put this on a Type S body. The head is a Zica head that I got from either CTVT or 8 Inch SuperStore. I might replace it with a more 70's long hair head one day. I also added CTVT white gauntlets, with white hands, of course. Basically, Garth is done.

Saturn Girl: Yet ANOTHER bleit1701 suit, this one was custom made. She still needs her chest logo, but I added longer boots, which look way better. This is a NuMego Kris Munroe. Her hair is a mess, so I might swap to a better, cleaner version of Kris I have carded.

Ultra Boy: No updates from the last picture. this is a MegoWGSH suit on a NuMego Chachi figure. I still need to add the red top to the Castaway boots.

I have a bleit1701 Mon-El suit too and a great head for it, but the head needs to be painted. I will probably reach out to someone here eventually to see if I can get it painted.

It's been a fun day, finally finding time to work on some customs.
                    Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 12, '20, 6:21 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

These are terrific, you have a good eye. Nice work on my favorite Legionnaire, Ultra-Boy.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MegoMam
                        • Dec 21, 2015

Excellent head choices

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Those are great!
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Those are really sharp. Great choices for the heads.

Comment

• Rafa-El
                              • Jul 16, 2014

Nice stuff! Glad to see another Legion fan out there.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎