X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

ASMR videos can be effective.

Music doesn’t do it for me. I prefer gentle whispering...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

And while I prefer a woman whispering. Bob Ross painting with a soft voice can be a good one too...

sigpic

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

I think surgery is only used in extreme cases. Right now my main goal is to borrow a more sophisticated machine from the supplier that records apneas. My current machine doesn't do this and some kind of data would let me know how I'm doing on this pressure. Ah well, everybody has their issues and it can always be worse. I just try to do a little better with whatever I've got to work with.
        On the topic of ASMR, I find the unintentional stuff has the best results for me. Stuff like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-5h0GYf5o
        Originally posted by Hector
        Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Any type of surgery could alleviate that?
        Last edited by MysteryWho; Jun 13, '19, 8:15 PM.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

TMI

Nuff said.

CCC.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I use a CPAP but i'm having trouble with my most recent machine.

My old machine used to just constantly blow and that was great.

My new machine is suppose to be smart and only blows when you breath …

Not sure if this is a defect or a setting but after about 20 minutes of working fine the blower just stops working for about a minute - jolting me awake … Then goes on to work fine again.

Comment

• Duncan
              Museum focus-groupie
              • Jun 27, 2009

Either side, on a wedge pillow. That does wonders for the apnea and reflux, but isn't so great for the back. We're thinking about elevating the head of the bed or switching to a bed that goes up and down. I should probably also mention that I sleep noticeably better on days when I've worked out or done strenuous yard work.
              Last edited by Duncan; Jun 15, '19, 6:54 AM.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I'm in constant pain (back and neck/spinal issues and I also suffer from occasional migraines), so I don't sleep very well. I sleep on my side (either will do), which helps alleviate some of the pain. I also meditate, as well. I try what I can to get sleep, but I tend to be a night owl, as well. I'm very sensitive to bright light (and loud sounds too), unfortunately...like full sunlight. It can sometimes trigger a migraine.

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

On a good night, I only have a few nightmares. I usually wake up, feeling as if I'm having a heart attack.
                  Doctor says "stress and anxiety". Either live with it, or take a "knock-out" pill, is the advice.
                  I had a really messed-up childhood, and when I dream, I'm still in my parents house or hopelessly lost.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎