Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel SDCC MOTU He-Man and Prince Adam mini comic 2 pack.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel SDCC MOTU He-Man and Prince Adam mini comic 2 pack.

They look great! Wow, they are not retro 5 1/2 inch or in the MOTU classics style. New figures in the vintage MOTU art style designs with modern articulation. I hope this is the start of a new retail line.

Mattel, via the Nerdist, has revealed their next two San Diego comic-Con 2019 Exclusives. The newest reveals are for a new Masters of the Universe 2-Pack, and a Masters of the Universe Mega Construx Set! Starting June 17th, SDCC 2019 Attendees can pre-order the items via shop.mattel.com. Sadly, it looks like this will be open...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow! That's awesome! I loved how the tops of He-Man's boots are gold, like they were in a lot of the mini-comics. And that Adam is dead-on Alcala's version!

So now, this is actually by Mattel? Surprised Super 7 isn't involved with this. I'm very confused by all of this back and forth with them.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

So now, this is actually by Mattel? Surprised Super 7 isn't involved with this. I'm very confused by all of this back and forth with them.
      Yeah, this is actually from Mattel. From what I understand, Super7 has MOTU classics, 5 1/2 inch retro and Kenner style 3 3/4 inch. But they cannot got to regular big box retail Walmart, Target, etc. I'm hoping this is a start of a brand new retail line. I mean, it's not like Mattel to go to the expense of brand new tooling and only use it once. You could crank out a LOT of MOTU figures with that new body mold.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed. I'd love to see MOTU back at retail.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

This is not for me, but I'd support a retail line.

I"m shocked that Imaginext hast exploited MOTU.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

I"m shocked that Imaginext hast exploited MOTU.
            Me too. Always seemed like such a no brainer. Especially considering all the MOTU homages there's been in the Imaginext line.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

It's not clear in the article I linked what scale these are. They are 5 1/2 inch. Same size as the original figures but with modern articulation. Awesome!!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Very nice action figures.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Credit to Pixel Dan for this info. Saw it on his twitter page. Sounds like this is going to be a full retail line called MOTU Origins.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 12, '19, 12:47 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Let's just hope this isn't a hoax.

I kid. I know it's not. That's really cool!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

there is a MOTU movie planned for 2021, so Mattel probably would want to get a head start reintroducing He-Man to kids.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎