Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel SDCC MOTU He-Man and Prince Adam mini comic 2 pack.

Images

Mattel SDCC MOTU He-Man and Prince Adam mini comic 2 pack.

They look great! Wow, they are not retro 5 1/2 inch or in the MOTU classics style. New figures in the vintage MOTU art style designs with modern articulation. I hope this is the start of a new retail line.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/06/11/m...lusives-348504
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Wow! That's awesome! I loved how the tops of He-Man's boots are gold, like they were in a lot of the mini-comics. And that Adam is dead-on Alcala's version!

So now, this is actually by Mattel? Surprised Super 7 isn't involved with this. I'm very confused by all of this back and forth with them.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post

So now, this is actually by Mattel? Surprised Super 7 isn't involved with this. I'm very confused by all of this back and forth with them.
    Yeah, this is actually from Mattel. From what I understand, Super7 has MOTU classics, 5 1/2 inch retro and Kenner style 3 3/4 inch. But they cannot got to regular big box retail Walmart, Target, etc. I'm hoping this is a start of a brand new retail line. I mean, it's not like Mattel to go to the expense of brand new tooling and only use it once. You could crank out a LOT of MOTU figures with that new body mold.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    ^Agreed. I'd love to see MOTU back at retail.

Chris

Images
    Blog Entries
    This is not for me, but I'd support a retail line.

I"m shocked that Imaginext hast exploited MOTU.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post

I"m shocked that Imaginext hast exploited MOTU.
    Me too. Always seemed like such a no brainer. Especially considering all the MOTU homages there's been in the Imaginext line.

Images
    It's not clear in the article I linked what scale these are. They are 5 1/2 inch. Same size as the original figures but with modern articulation. Awesome!!

Very nice action figures.

Images
    Credit to Pixel Dan for this info. Saw it on his twitter page. Sounds like this is going to be a full retail line called MOTU Origins.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 12, '19 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typos

Images
    ^Let's just hope this isn't a hoax.

I kid. I know it's not. That's really cool!

Chris