• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drogge
    Atom suit fits well. Not baggy.
    suit looks baggy in the pics in this thread.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SpaceAgent
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 21, 2009

I got these the other day. I think this group is some of the nicest figures FTC has done yet. Nice update on the packaging too; very retro stylish. Black Canary is great, really like the Riddler and Penguin updates, and I think the Atom and Creeper look really good. (I didn't get Poison Ivy.)

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Opened and worked on so far (Megoizing all of them):

Black Canary: Best of the bunch. Jacket isn't stretchy but still works quite well; the thinner material is well suited for this and doesn't seem to limit movement much. The top is not long enough; if I straighten her out, she literally pops out the top of it. Had to use some thread to loop around her neck and hoist it up a bit (though I'm sure Green Arrow will hate me for doing so). The boots are well fitting; actually had to heat them to get them off. Head sculpt is good and the paint is nice; one of the better female heads we've had in a while.

Creeper: The fur piece is well designed with the little elastic straps to hold it in place, but the appearance doesn't quite capture the look needed. The gloves and boots are pretty standard and the fur atop them looks good. The face sculpt is very good, but the heads are still inhumanly skinny front to back, so he looks really off from a side view. The hair detail is excellent, though. I am giving him a yellow bodysuit, but he looks quite good as is, honestly.

Atom: The head is big, not Alfred huge, but noticeable. The suit looks fine, but the belt is oddly small and skinny. Boots and gloves are well done and quite well matched. Atom symbol on the mask is nice and sharp. Pretty basic, but aside from the oversizing on the head and the undersizing on the belt, they did a very good job capturing the look. And he's almost life size!

Still have Penguin and Ivy to open. Good old Oswald looks very nice, at least in the package. Terrific head sculpt, at least from the front.

Addendum: Mego-ized Canary and Creeper:
        megocanary2.jpgmegocreeper2.jpg

Canary just got a pair of original Catwoman boots painted black. Creeper got a more extensive makeover, but still stuff Mego would have had access to in the day.
        Last edited by scott metzger; Jun 19, '19, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, scott metzger. Looks good!

Comment

• Figure8
            Museum Patron
            • May 18, 2016

I finally got the Atom today and I think he turned out nice. He looks better than in the pictures and his head definitely isn't too large. It's just a slightly cartooney look with his chin, nose and ears all pretty big and protruding. And the head is actually too narrow. (It should be about 5 eyes wide which it clearly isn't). But the sculpt still works for me. Now I'm still trying to decide if I should get Creeper as well. I'm just not sure about that happy smile on him, shouldn't it be ... creepier?

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Other day I received Atom, Black Canary & FEAR Number One. Overall pretty happy with them, but I transferred Atom over to a DM swivel arm body, with a couple of old school changes, and Canary to a DM body with the hips pushed in, and a couple dabs of super glue to keep her top up tight. All spare stuff I had on hand, so not like these 'upgrades' really cost me anything.

Might swap Number One over to a DM body, but I think looks fine as delivered ('the crest of Birdman's helmet!')

Obviously I'm no photographer...

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my thoughts on these 3 figures.

Keith
              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the pictures and descriptions, Riderfan! I still haven't found time to open mine, but I know I will have to do some work on Black Canary's top.

And this is the first open picture I have seen of Number One. I haven't purchased him or Birdman yet. I am waiting to see what is in the next FTC shipment first and maybe buying both of them in that order.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎