X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

GREMLINS opened in theaters 35 years ago today. June 8 1984

Doesn't seem possible it's been that long.
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I honestly thought it was released during the holiday season.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I used to like the one with the Tony Randall gremlin

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I loved the movie. I thought Gizmo was adorable and scene with the Gremlins watching Snow White was awesome. I still have all my original Gremlins toys and the record and storybook set from Hardees.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

One of my favorites! I doubt I saw it opening weekend, but I remember the theater I saw it in. The movie is equal parts cute, funny and horrifying, just like I like them!
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

I enjoyed Gremlins very much when I first saw it on videocassette.

I like how it feels so mysterious in the beginning.

It was a treasure trove and there were many back to back delightful movies back then.

There were many movies that were highly creative in different ways, unique movies.

Gremlins is one of those that capture the imagination from the start.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

I remember getting a free ticket to an advance showing of Gremlins via a local newspaper promotion.
              I've always liked the movie a lot.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Still love the Chuck Jones cameo.

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  Still love the Chuck Jones cameo.
                  I never realized that! Very cool!
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

This movie was very influential for me. I remember recording a lot of "audio dramas" inspired by little creatures breaking into my studio.

The Rules are fantastic. They are essentially vampires. Vulnerable to light and affected by water.

I love that the Gremlins are a metaphor for what we all have inside of us. When released, they get to do all the things we should not or cannot. They drink, smoke, gamble, destroy, and have a great time at the expense of others.

It still holds up today, with a crackerjack score by Jerry Goldsmith. I know it's comedic, but as a kid, I took it all pretty seriously. There are some seriously dark bits to this film.

The blue gel lit cinematography with the glowing Christmas lights is a treasure.

Zach Galligan and Phoebe Cates had terrific chemistry. For a young geek growing up, he was a fine role model of an older geek, still reading comics and hoping to become a comic artist.

I recently bought the Trick or Treat Studios Evil Gremlin puppet and it's a blast! Also, if you haven't checked out the Neca Ultimate Gremlin figures, do yourself a favor. They are really well done. The accessories are hilarious... 3D glasses, popcorn bags to slip onto their ears, a stein of beer, playing cards for a hand of poker, a cigarette, and candy. Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎