X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Dumbest eBay buyer yet.

I had a USED headlight housing lying in my garage that I never wound up using so I put it up on ebay for $200 listed as USED. I packaged it inside a Magnaflow muffler box as I didnt have a plain box big enough for it. I don’t sell much on ebay so it’s not like I have a surplus of different sized boxes at my house.

So some guy buys it and I ship it out and tracking shows that he has it in 3 days.

I get an email 7 days after I shipped it asking where the item is. I look up the tracking, send the tracking info to the buyer and tell him that it was delivered 4 days ago.

He writes back saying he never received a headlight, and that he only received a muffler and that his customer is ****ed because they’ve been waiting 4 days now
    for the car to be done. (apparently the guy has a car repair shop or something)

I write back, “open up the box that has a muffler on it and there you will find the headlight. There is no ebay policy stating that used items need to be shipped in their original packaging.”

He’s so embarrassed he never responded, just left positive ebay feedback.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Ok. Now that's funny.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Sounds like he's running a repair shop, perhaps he gets regular shipments of various auto parts, so didn't really put two and two together when he first received your item in a muffler box?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I did not receive the headlight from you. I only got the free muffler for ordering the light. I haven't opened it yet, but thanks!

P.S. When will the light arrive?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎