X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Fantasy Island Posters- These are original store stock and the seller has a bunch. I don't know how many kids wanted these in their rooms besides me but this is awesome. Lets all buy these and be a Fantasy Island club, who is with me? (thanks to Rockford for the tip)

Whitman Doc Savage the Man of Bronze Puzzle- There is so little merch for this terribly underrate George Pal classic, this thing is five bucks, it's unreal.

Wrath of Khan miniatures- These were it if you wanted anything close to a figure of the best Star Trek movie. I remember being sorely tempted by the ads in Starlog and barely thought of them since.

Shadow Stamp Pad set by Madison- Oh the weird Shadow merchandise from the middle 1970s, it never fails to amaze me. I've never seen this rendition of this popular rack toy staple.

Glasslite Dracula from Brazil- I totally love this action figure from Brazil especially for the card art. No other monsters were made. I think the price is a little too high but it's such a nice example.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Love the Dracula card! The Fantasy Island poster is nice!

Was Ron Ely Doc Savage? I had no idea.

Wow, another Shadow toy from the 70s. I think it’s odd, as well. Since there were several, I now wonder if there was a brief resurgence in popularity or if all of these toys were released simultaneously and performed as we would have expected.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

That central image of the Shadow on the Stamp Pad Note Book is almost Toth-like.

That Dracula card art is AMAZING. It's a pretty unique take on the Count as well, while the figure looks more like a Halloween party goer doing Lugosi.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

neat stuff, as always

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Doc Savage and the Shadow in the same thread? What a great way to start the day! Warts and all, Doc Savage is one of my favorite films, I'm still waiting for the sequel.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

Hey. I had that puzzle!
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

And... now I have it again. ;-)
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm glad someone here nabbed it. How I wish Mego had done their Doc Savage figures.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Doc Savage Mego's would have been awesome. I love the movie too. it's a lot of fun. Picked up a copy on DVD several years ago from the Warner Archives

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎