X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Ooh yeah!! Snap into a slim jim!!

I haven't followed wrestling for years, and don't collect wrestling figures, but this is all kinds of awesome.

Need a little excitement? Snap into the #WWE Randy “Macho Man” Savage Elite action figure, celebrating Macho Man’s legendary Slim Jim commercials from the ‘90s! ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ Pre-order yours from Entertainment Earth on June 18, or get one at the San Diego Comic-Con International Mattel Booth. OOOH ye

Chris
    sigpic
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Not into wrestling myself, but that is awesome. The accessories, the packaging are all great.

I haven't had a Slim Jim in years, but we were raised on them.

I literally remember when I was a young teen, my buddy and I would each get one of these whenever we'd go to the movies:

We could polish off almost all 24 sticks. I remember feeling a bit sick at the time, and doing some wicked burps. Today, the thought nauseates me, the way a parent would punish their child by forcing them to smoke an entire pack of cigarettes if caught smoking. I think, and *hope* my heart has reversed any damage since then, but honestly what was I thinking?

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I don't eat Slim Jims or watch WWF and even I think that is clever.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Never watched wrestling or eaten one of those things but I did watch UHF television a lot, so yeah that's pretty funny.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I ate a ton of Slim Jims as a kid. The drugstore up the street stocked them, so I often grabbed one and a Dr. Pepper when I bought my comics or rack toys.

And Randy Savage wrestled in my area before he hit it big, so he was kind of a "local hero" among the big wrestlers of the day. So this was always a win win.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

The very first time I ever experienced severe heartburn/acid reflux was after eating a Slim Jim when I was around 8 years old. I thought I was having a heart attack and I was about to die.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

blastphemy posted those antique shop pictures, and in one of them was a Domino's Pizza (Avoid the) Noid figure from back in the 80s. I bet it would make a fun list for someone to do all the advertising pitchmen that had a toy made of them. This Slim Jim Randy Savage might be the highest-quality one ever made, though.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Savage was the perfect cool spokesman for Slim Jims

Really sad what they use now -- that skinny hyperactive nerd

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Another SDCC exclusive...I really wanted one of those. Back in the day I used to work at 7-11 when these ads where airing and I have stashed away a Slim Jim cooler that was supposed to have been used to sale the jerky at the counter. I just emptied the container, put them on the shelf where they were and took the cooler home.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡