Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Slinky: Kooky Kritters (circa 1971 or '72?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Original Slinky: Kooky Kritters (circa 1971 or '72?)

I can't remember when I got this exactly, but my mom bought this for me when I was either pre-Kindergarten or in Kindergarten. I have tried to find any reference of the toy looking at even history of James industries, but can't find a thing about Slinky producing this. I took it out to show my kids what it was. Last time I had looked at it the foam "puppets" were all in one piece, but my kids at the time were rougher on their toys than I was a s a kid, so I put it back away. This time out, the foam had disintegrated in the last 10 years. (I opened the box and it looked like Thanos had snapped his fingers. ).

Anyway, it was a fun piece. the foam characters attached to pins behind the screen and the back of the screen has three knobs that slide up and down and turn left and right. It was like a two-dimensional marionette. Great for keeping a 3-5 year old occupied, but i grew out of using it kinda quickly, so I can see why the toy didn't catch on. So, anyone else remember this or had one?

Here is a pic of the box cover and the current inside. I think that tape on it is over 45 years old.
    0605190818_resized.jpg
    0605190817_resized.jpg
    Last edited by UnderdogDJLSW; Jun 6, '19, 6:33 AM. Reason: fix attachments
    It's all good!
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

There's this on ebay right now.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008