• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Frozen 2 teaser trailer.

Not much is revealed. Still looks cool.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That's a great trailer. Is it just me, or does it look like they SLIGHTLY aged up the series to match the age of the kids who initially latched onto it, ala Harry Potter? Less Olaf, more adventure, and Anna striking with a sword?

Either way, my family is going to see this. I know a lot of folks groan because Frozen became SO popular, and "Let It Go" became SO overplayed, but it's a damn good movie, despite all that. It's something my daughter instantly fell in love with, and we've had some good times with it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      That's a great trailer. Is it just me, or does it look like they SLIGHTLY aged up the series
      I had not picked up on that at first. But I totally see it now that you mention it.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

The ocean jumping part is a great hook. Even my son... who rolls his eyes at anything Frozen related... had to admit that part looked pretty darn cool.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

You have a very broad definition of "science fiction"

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
            You have a very broad definition of "science fiction"
            We don't have a fantasy forum so I figured fantasy adventure movies fit in better with science fiction than horror.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Didn't you start a Game of Thrones thread in this very same Science Fiction section? Lol.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
                Didn't you start a Game of Thrones thread in this very same Science Fiction section? Lol.
                I lobbied a few years ago to rename this sub-forum “Science Fiction & Fantasy”, but it fell on deaf ears. I still treat it as such. It’s just that I’ve never really considered Disney cartoons part of that lexicon, but that’s just my personal take. If folks want to put Dumbo and Aladdin in with Star Trek and GoT, I’m not going to argue

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Seriously, though, you don't see me posting Dumbo, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck in the science fiction section. But I think other Disney properties like Aladdin, Brave, Maleficent, Frozen, etc. definitely fit the fantasy genre. Same as I'd put Haunted Mansion in Horror and Incredibles in comic books.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

C’mon now, a flying elephant who uses his ears as wings sure sounds like fantasy to me

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                      C’mon now, a flying elephant who uses his ears as wings sure sounds like fantasy to me
                      You know you are just begging for me to post Disney Princess stuff.

Speaking of which, I'd love a spin off of this scene from Wreck it Ralph 2.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 28, 2008

^^^Love that scene.

I agree about counting these as Fantasy and have felt that confusion of where to place things with the current section labels before.
                        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

New Frozen 2 trailer. Whoa!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^They definitely upped the epic in this one. Looks like a great fantasy film. And that one scene looks like it could add some new elements to the Frozen ride at Epcot.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Is Elsa fighting global warming?

It all looks very promising. If this thing has some good songs, I think it will be another smash hit.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎