Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live action Aladdin remake is apparently not terrible.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Live action Aladdin remake is apparently not terrible.

I haven't seen it and I'm not saying it's awesome or anything. I'm just hearing the movie is not the train wreck people feared.

Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 6, '19, 4:21 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^It's actually a lot of fun and really well done. It has the spirit of the movie but gives the Genie more dimension without violating the fun aspect of the character. Jasmine gets more to do, and the rest feel like their animated characters.

We all really enjoyed it, far more than we thought we would.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

My son and his girlfriend really enjoyed it, those movies are childhood to them so i get the appeal.

What I want is Disney to do is start animating their live action fare, I'll be first in line for "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" cartoon.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'll definitely pick it up once it hits Blu Ray. I'm just not totally sold on the new younger version of Jafar. Doesn't really look to have the evil smarm of the cartoon version.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Redbox rental for me.
          sigpic

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Animated Black Hole; yes, please.

Originally posted by palitoy
            My son and his girlfriend really enjoyed it, those movies are childhood to them so i get the appeal.

What I want is Disney to do is start animating their live action fare, I'll be first in line for "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" cartoon.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
              Animated Black Hole; yes, please.
              and Dragonslayer!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'll definitely pick it up once it hits Blu Ray. I'm just not totally sold on the new younger version of Jafar. Doesn't really look to have the evil smarm of the cartoon version.
                He's underplayed a bit at first, but it actually works for the duplicitous nature of the character. He's really a self-centered scumbag though. I went in unconvinced as well, but he was a good heavy.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

double yes, please.

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  and Dragonslayer!

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

The only animation that really interests me these days is either traditional cel, or something innovative. CG model animation has grown incredibly stale for me. So while we're making our wishlists, I'll say I'd love to see a return to form of painstaking, labor intensive, illustrative painterly old-school Disney style animation.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

Did anyone see the oil paint Loving Vincent? Very innovative animation.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

I saw the film on Saturday. I enjoyed it very much.
                        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎