X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Thoughts and Reviews, The SPOILERY Edition

Now HERE'S where to visit and post if you've seen X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX and REALLY feel like dropping some major spoilage. If you DO decide to drop spoilers, try to give fellow viewers a heads up as to what you may or may not be spoiling, please.

Going to attempt to see DARK PHOENIX opening weekend, perhaps as a double feature with GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I think this was one of the better films in the X-Men franchise so far. Using Vuk and the D'Bari to kind of "share" some of the bad guy blame helped deal with Jean Grey turning though I'm sure sure purists will not appreciate changes from the source material. I've always liked the "First Class" cast movies better than the original trilogy, so maybe I was destined to like this better than "Last Stand." The characters here seem a little more fleshed out. The end did make me wonder if Marvel would possibly use this to set up Avengers vs X-Men, but I can't imagine anyone undertaking a battle that big.

ONE QUESTION--- At the end of Age of Apocalypse, Jean Grey seems to tap into the Phoenix force to defeat Apocalypse. We even see the Phoenix flame engulf her as she does it. How did that happen if the Phoenix had not merged with her yet?
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I think this was one of the better films in the X-Men franchise so far. Using Vuk and the D'Bari to kind of "share" some of the bad guy blame helped deal with Jean Grey turning though I'm sure sure purists will not appreciate changes from the source material. I've always liked the "First Class" cast movies better than the original trilogy, so maybe I was destined to like this better than "Last Stand." The characters here seem a little more fleshed out. The end did make me wonder if Marvel would possibly use this to set up Avengers vs X-Men, but I can't imagine anyone undertaking a battle that big.

ONE QUESTION--- At the end of Age of Apocalypse, Jean Grey seems to tap into the Phoenix force to defeat Apocalypse. We even see the Phoenix flame engulf her as she does it. How did that happen if the Phoenix had not merged with her yet?

Maybe that was second base with Jean and the Phoenix force.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

It was okay. There are some impressive battle scenes and the X-Men's various powers are showcased to good effect, but overall this movie was relatively lacklustre. Admittedly, it's better than "The Last Stand", but it still isn't a worthy adaptation or even interpretation of the Dark Phoenix story.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎