X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Thoughts and Reviews; The NON-SPOILER Edition

Good evening, all. With X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX opening tomorrow night (in previews anyway), I though this would be a good time to start the review and commentary threads. This one is SPECIFICALLY for NON-SPOILER reviews and comments regarding the movie.

As something of a Phoenix Saga purist, I'm still not quite sure what my feelings are regarding this, yet another take on my all-time favorite female comics character in less than 15 years, but I guess I'll be seeing the movie theatrically to see if they've been able to correct the sins of THE LAST STAND or if this movie still has the same "grounded" issues which plagued that movie when it came to Phoenix.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Is there anything after the credits?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

So...is this movie worth seeing at the theater? I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I knew the reviews have been horrible, and actual viewer ratings have been tepid. Interested to hear what the geek crowd here thinks.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

It was okay. There are some impressive battle scenes and the X-Men's various powers are showcased to good effect, but overall this movie was relatively lacklustre. Admittedly, it's better than "The Last Stand", but it still isn't a worthy adaptation or even interpretation of the Dark Phoenix story.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Redbox rental for me.
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I plan to watch it after Mego Meet. I'm glad to hear it's better than The Last Stand.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Watched it today, and didn't really like it. It was nothing like the comic story.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎