Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen Godzilla King of the Monsters yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Just saw it this afternoon. I wasn't disappointed in it. As mentioned above, lots of monster on monster stuff going on which is awesome!
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

My first Godzilla film (and still one of my three favorites) was Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster. So I like the ones with environmental messages.

That said, I really enjoyed KOTM. It was a fun monstery beat 'em up.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I didn't see it yet but I read a review that said, if you like Godzilla movies you'll like it, if you don't like Godzilla movies you wont like it.

Sounds like a winner

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

That's a pretty apt review.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
            I didn't see it yet but I read a review that said, if you like Godzilla movies you'll like it, if you don't like Godzilla movies you wont like it.

Sounds like a winner
            That's certainly the case. It's a love letter to classic Kaiju movies.

And really, that's been the issue with any American attempts at Godzilla (or any other giant monsters for the most part) up to this point. They try not to appeal the fan base, but instead to the "broader audience" and you end up with a movie that doesn't appeal to either. This works on pretty much every level.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I'm kaiju to an absurd point, and while the monster stuff was solid the directing was horrendous. Nothing makes me turn on a movie quicker than wannabe Spielberg/Zemeckis shots and plot devices. I was expecting for the girl to refer to Mothra as a veggiesaur.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎