Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen Godzilla King of the Monsters yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post
    They set the acting bar pretty high with Godzilla vs Megalon, so I don't think even Ken Watanabe can salvage this new one...
    i was so disappointed that the child in the new one wasn't dubbed over by a middle-aged woman.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post
    They set the acting bar pretty high with Godzilla vs Megalon, so I don't think even Ken Watanabe can salvage this new one...
    Funny you should pick that particular movie. That was my first Godzilla movie and because of that, still my favorite!

Mom and dad took us to the Richmond Drive-In in Richmond, KY to watch Godzilla on the big screen and eat drive-in hot dogs... pure magic.

Itís 5 billion times better than the 2014 one. Has more monster on monster action than most kaiju movies and is arguably way better than an American Godzilla movie should be. It also has all the classic musical scores and themes thank goodness which was desperately missed in the previous outing. GO SEE IT! A few times even.

Also the human plot isnít half bad. Itís not gonna win Oscars but itís easily as deep as any Marvel movie or summer blockbuster.

Images
    Definitely loved hearing the iconic Ifukube theme in the movie.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    i was so disappointed that the child in the new one wasn't dubbed over by a middle-aged woman.
    and wearing disturbingly short shorts.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Just saw it this afternoon. I wasn't disappointed in it. As mentioned above, lots of monster on monster stuff going on which is awesome!

My first Godzilla film (and still one of my three favorites) was Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster. So I like the ones with environmental messages.

That said, I really enjoyed KOTM. It was a fun monstery beat 'em up.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    I didn't see it yet but I read a review that said, if you like Godzilla movies you'll like it, if you don't like Godzilla movies you wont like it.

Sounds like a winner
    .................................................. .......................

That's a pretty apt review.
    Looking for Iron Man Belt, Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I didn't see it yet but I read a review that said, if you like Godzilla movies you'll like it, if you don't like Godzilla movies you wont like it.

Sounds like a winner
    That's certainly the case. It's a love letter to classic Kaiju movies.

And really, that's been the issue with any American attempts at Godzilla (or any other giant monsters for the most part) up to this point. They try not to appeal the fan base, but instead to the "broader audience" and you end up with a movie that doesn't appeal to either. This works on pretty much every level.