Thread: EMCE History?

EMCE History?

Was just wondering if with the launch of MEGO...is EMCE out of the 8 inch retro action figure market??

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcohendmd View Post
    Was just wondering if with the launch of MEGO...is EMCE out of the 8 inch retro action figure market??
    Yes they are.

Images
    What year did Emce start selling Retro Cloth Star Trek figures? I'm trying to establish the date of the Emce's I bought which are unopened.

If I find I have one open, I surely have (?), I will check the back for a copyright date.

I am expecting I may sell or trade them away if anyone is curious.
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Quote Originally Posted by cdhall View Post
    What year did Emce start selling Retro Cloth Star Trek figures? I'm trying to establish the date of the Emce's I bought which are unopened.

If I find I have one open, I surely have (?), I will check the back for a copyright date.

I am expecting I may sell or trade them away if anyone is curious.
    I'm interested.

I'm guessing, but I believe it was around 2007-2008 wave 1 with Kirk and Klingon, then I think we got Spock/Andorian after.

EMCE were releasing 2 at a time, a federation crew member with an Alien figure.

I think they released the POTA right after, but honestly I only remember seeing Cornelius and Zaius at the time.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Yes 2007, it's on the packaging.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.