X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

I have been watching El Cid again.

I think El Cid would make a very colorful and wonderful toy line.

Maybe a limited run of action figures and armored horses, at least as a start.

I have an El Cid DVD box set and it's incredible.

I say this often, but older movies like this look so good on an LED television. Before this set, I watched the film on two videocassettes on a tube television.

It has excellent sound and picture quality. I guess it helps it's brilliance by being the restored version.

It's a fantastic movie either way.

They have all those fine costumes in the movie, that were custom made in Spain, and all the characters wore them, including all the extras.

For a first wave of action figures, I would want both the young and older Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, along with the other main characters.

El Cid DVD Box Set.jpg
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

Great film. I can't find a copy of it right now and I have looked around. I picked up a Sideshow Heston that I want to turn into a young Rodrigo from the tournament scene. Another period Heston film you should check out if you haven't already is the Warlord. It's not an epic, but the costumes and props are actually somewhat historically accurate.

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Great film...one of my "All time favorites". And, yes I agree it would make a fun toy line. P.S. Supposedly they're working o the Blu-ray version.

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by MysteryWho
        Great film. I can't find a copy of it right now and I have looked around. I picked up a Sideshow Heston that I want to turn into a young Rodrigo from the tournament scene. Another period Heston film you should check out if you haven't already is the Warlord. It's not an epic, but the costumes and props are actually somewhat historically accurate.
        I noticed that before and after this edition that El Cid was very hard to get a hold of on DVD. It took a long time for a few other films to appear on DVD as well, and now DVD boxes are super light and cheap, so it's difficult to get that collectible feel for modern DVDs.

A Heston figure from the tournament/Champions Dual scene would be amazingly very cool!

Ah yes, I used to have Warlord on disc. Historical haircuts and clothing! I seem to remember a nice tower in it. There are some good time period movies out there for sure.

---

A Blu-ray El Cid would be fun!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎