Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Chekov the real villian of ST2 The Wrath of Khan ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
    Another thing that was very stupid on Chekov's part --(I understand Chekov needed to be stupid to get the movie underway but …)

The Captain and Chekov are browsing around the cargo hold --- Chekov see's the Botany Bay logo and get's the worried face.

First thing, call the Reliant for an emergency instant beam out.

Don't tell the Captain, just do it and explain later.

Instead Chekov screws around with his worried faces, tells the Captain WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE !!! and they go OUTSIDE killing a good amount of time.

I might have believed this action if they needed Transporter boosters and the boosters were outside where they beamed down, but nothing of boosters was said or shown.

Like the old saying goes, this was a Laurel and Hardy operation from the start.
    Kahn is "highly intelligent" and had a long time to proof the container against transporters...

CCC.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Many have remarked here and elsewhere that checkov was not in Space Seed.
      I just rewatched it last month.
      While Chekhov was not on screen, there is no reason to assume he was not on the ship or that he had interactions with Kahn.
      Last edited by Brue; Jul 10, '19, 6:20 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

^IIRC, at one point during the FX remastering phase, they proposed rototooling Chekov into a scene for the continuity.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

The question for me is: will there be a Chekov figure released from this movie? Since we are getting Kirk, Spock, and Khan...

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

In the novelization, it stated that he was on board, he was just on a different shift.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I didnt read the novelization that talked about it. But yes there are 400 to 430 crew on board at any given time and assignments all over the ship and at all hours. Easily believable that he was on the engineering crew or in the phaser battery at that time prior to being assigned bridge duty.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                The question for me is: will there be a Chekov figure released from this movie? Since we are getting Kirk, Spock, and Khan...
                I'd love a Chekov in his spacesuit... complete with ear worm and handle for Mego Khan to lift him off the ground.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎