Thread: Space: 1999 to Get Collectible Figures From Big Chief Studios Read more at https://ww

Blog Entries

Space: 1999 to Get Collectible Figures From Big Chief Studios Read more at https://ww

Fantastic sculpt. Too bad it isn't 1/9th scale.

Images
    Blog Entries
    guess whomever has the estate of Martin Landau isn't as goofy about selling his likeness.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed figure. I've given up on trying to find a Palitoy Koenig. I have the Doc Mego head, which looks great, but I'm not optimistic about my ability to paint it skillfully enough to avoid creating a mess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    guess whomever has the estate of Martin Landau isn't as goofy about selling his likeness.
    I find it usually happens when an actor passes.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I find it usually happens when an actor passes.
    It is interesting how that tends to happen.

Images
    Wow, that looks great. And yes, the families see a chance to make some dough off of grandad, and BOOM... merchandise.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Royalties are a big factor, too. Living actors usually demand a higher amount than an estate.

Blog Entries
    Landau and Bain both felt hosed by 1999 merchandising as they didn't see any royalties. This was also a problem for Christopher Reeve (he loudly complained to Mego VP Bill Baron about it), Spencer Milligan from "Land of the Lost" (he walked) and the Duke's of Hazzard stars (who also vacated the series in part due to this).

The 1999 license doesn't include their likeness for products outside of media and I assume that you could have tracked them down for a separate license the way Sideshow did for Lugosi but I could be wrong. I do feel that he would have wanted a lot while alive.

Few toymakers have bothered because the real stars of the show are mainly the Eagles.