Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Would Batman and Bullock work in a "7" style movie? Or would a "Chinatown" be more their thing? I just don't want this to go into a retread of an old Sherlock Holmes story.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Clayface would be cool.

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by sprytel
        One of my favorite things about Burton's Batman is how timeless his Gotham City is. Done right, it doesn't have to strictly speaking be a period piece... just capture that noir atmosphere in a timeless way.
        Very true.
        It seemed to hint at the 1940's, yet had 1970's Joker cars, which still turned out right.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          The Miller Influence is much darker than the source material.
          I had to read this statement twice and consider it, and I think I agree. The shadow cast by The Dark Knight Returns is darker than the actual comic, I think. A Carrie Kelley Robin doesn't have to be paired with a dark and disturbing Batman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hedji
            I had to read this statement twice and consider it, and I think I agree. The shadow cast by The Dark Knight Returns is darker than the actual comic, I think. A Carrie Kelley Robin doesn't have to be paired with a dark and disturbing Batman.
            And I have a theory that the Batman in DKR is an older crankier version of the 66 Batman. The timing works out for Reagan to be President in 86 and makes the West Batman 20 years older. Some of his correction of kids swearing and Carrie Kelley in general reminded me a lot of the tv show Batman.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

I'd like to see a Batman movie with Robin. To prove it can be done without being ridiculous.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

It won't happen but I want to see someone at Warners to go to Paul Dini with either Batman or Superman and go "You try."

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  And I have a theory that the Batman in DKR is an older crankier version of the 66 Batman. The timing works out for Reagan to be President in 86 and makes the West Batman 20 years older. Some of his correction of kids swearing and Carrie Kelley in general reminded me a lot of the tv show Batman.
                  Now you're really cooking! I love this. I always loved that language reminder.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by B-Lister
                    I'd like to see a Batman movie with Robin. To prove it can be done without being ridiculous.

It absolutely can be done. Look at Hit Girl from Kick-Arse. I mean, she is essentially Carrie Kelley Robin. As an audience, we love her, we care about her, we love her relationship with Nicholas Cage (twisted, though it may be). And she is more than capable and dangerous, despite her age.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

It absolutely can be done. Look at Hit Girl from Kick-Arse. I mean, she is essentially Carrie Kelley Robin. As an audience, we love her, we care about her, we love her relationship with Nicholas Cage (twisted, though it may be). And she is more than capable and dangerous, despite her age.
                      a murderous Carrie Kelley. Hit girl was more than a little dark. Nick Cage was channeling West in the Hitman part big time.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

I like a lot of the ideas in this thread. I'm interested in seeing if they will make a Batman that fits with the direction and feel that the DC movies have been taking over the last few stand alone movies....and what that might look like.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Now you're really cooking! I love this. I always loved that language reminder.
                          That's what really got me thinking about who this Batman might be.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

I think it's time for a Batman Beyond movie.

Particularly since Michael Keaton is the perfect age to play a crusty old sarcastic Bruce Wayne.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir

Particularly since Michael Keaton is the perfect age to play a crusty old sarcastic Bruce Wayne.
                              that would be some cool stunt casting. They should have done it when Adam was still around.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

YES!!! I've been saying this for some time, at least since Spider-Man: Homecoming. Keaton is still as intimidating as hell. He'd be great in the role of old Bruce Wayne. Plus, his Bruce was so introverted and messed up, it makes more sense for him to become a recluse.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎