Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I Would Love to See in the New Batman Movie

Images
    ^It actually falls apart at the end and doesn't work if you overthink it. Loeb's work gets a lot of praise, but most of it doesn't hold up under any amount of scrutiny. HUSH is even worse, but it was just done to let Jim Lee draw the things he wanted.

Mike Barr and Alan Davis' Detective run had some great ...detecting moments. As did Greg Rucka's in the early 2000s.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I'd love to see a Carrie Kelley Robin. For me, she was one of the most appealing aspects of Miller's TDK, and I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet. I love that she was such a ray of youthful hope to Bruce's despondency.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I'd love to see a Carrie Kelley Robin. For me, she was one of the most appealing aspects of Miller's TDK, and I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet. I love that she was such a ray of youthful hope to Bruce's despondency.
    actually surprised the story hasn't been adapted for live action yet. Kurt Russell is aging into just right for the role.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Blog Entries
    After Snyder, I've had enough of Miller influence on comic movies.

Images
    Blog Entries
    The Miller Influence is much darker than the source material. I don't think Snyder actually read the books, just flipped thru them and lifted scenes.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Would Batman and Bullock work in a "7" style movie? Or would a "Chinatown" be more their thing? I just don't want this to go into a retread of an old Sherlock Holmes story.

Images
    Clayface would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    One of my favorite things about Burton's Batman is how timeless his Gotham City is. Done right, it doesn't have to strictly speaking be a period piece... just capture that noir atmosphere in a timeless way.
    Very true.
    It seemed to hint at the 1940's, yet had 1970's Joker cars, which still turned out right.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    The Miller Influence is much darker than the source material.
    I had to read this statement twice and consider it, and I think I agree. The shadow cast by The Dark Knight Returns is darker than the actual comic, I think. A Carrie Kelley Robin doesn't have to be paired with a dark and disturbing Batman.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I had to read this statement twice and consider it, and I think I agree. The shadow cast by The Dark Knight Returns is darker than the actual comic, I think. A Carrie Kelley Robin doesn't have to be paired with a dark and disturbing Batman.
    And I have a theory that the Batman in DKR is an older crankier version of the 66 Batman. The timing works out for Reagan to be President in 86 and makes the West Batman 20 years older. Some of his correction of kids swearing and Carrie Kelley in general reminded me a lot of the tv show Batman.