X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

What I Would Love to See in the New Batman Movie

Robert Pattinson is Batman. Honestly that's fine. But as much as I like the Frank Miller Batman... I am ready for something else. And since maybe the DCU can handle some disconnected movies... How about 1939 Batman in a pre war Casablanca Maltese Falcon Treasure of the Sierra Madre mash up noir trilogy? Basically Batman and Bogart swapped out. Set it all in a Penguin controlled mob run Gotham City. Something different...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Sounds great to me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

would love to see a period piece Batman but it won't happen. Sidney Greenstreet as the Penguin? Lorre as the Joker?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! LOL!
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

One of my favorite things about Burton's Batman is how timeless his Gotham City is. Done right, it doesn't have to strictly speaking be a period piece... just capture that noir atmosphere in a timeless way.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! White Eyes! LOL!
            Nolan's solution to that was in TDK. The original idea was to carry it over, but he dropped it for Rises.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

How about Andy Serkis as the penguin?

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                Robert Pattinson is Batman. Honestly that's fine. But as much as I like the Frank Miller Batman... I am ready for something else. And since maybe the DCU can handle some disconnected movies... How about 1939 Batman in a pre war Casablanca Maltese Falcon Treasure of the Sierra Madre mash up noir trilogy? Basically Batman and Bogart swapped out. Set it all in a Penguin controlled mob run Gotham City. Something different...
                Honestly, you're not far off. Matt Reeve has stated he wanted his BATMAN movie to have a "Film NOIR detective feel to it. When I hear that, I think of Boggie ALL THE WAY!! This is a dream come true for me if it turns out that way. I've been wanting a film NOIR Batman movie since before any Batman movies had been made(not counting 66).
                sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I would be down for a Batman '39 film, but I doubt we'll get it. Emphasizing the detective angle, which seems to be indicating they are going "smaller" is a good sign either way.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I'm trying to think of a good detective story ...The Long Halloween maybe?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^It actually falls apart at the end and doesn't work if you overthink it. Loeb's work gets a lot of praise, but most of it doesn't hold up under any amount of scrutiny. HUSH is even worse, but it was just done to let Jim Lee draw the things he wanted.

Mike Barr and Alan Davis' Detective run had some great ...detecting moments. As did Greg Rucka's in the early 2000s.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I'd love to see a Carrie Kelley Robin. For me, she was one of the most appealing aspects of Miller's TDK, and I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet. I love that she was such a ray of youthful hope to Bruce's despondency.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hedji
                          I'd love to see a Carrie Kelley Robin. For me, she was one of the most appealing aspects of Miller's TDK, and I'm surprised we haven't seen that yet. I love that she was such a ray of youthful hope to Bruce's despondency.
                          actually surprised the story hasn't been adapted for live action yet. Kurt Russell is aging into just right for the role.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

After Snyder, I've had enough of Miller influence on comic movies.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

The Miller Influence is much darker than the source material. I don't think Snyder actually read the books, just flipped thru them and lifted scenes.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎