X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

Venus Space Probe from the Six Million Dollar Man- I search for this giant toy every week on eBay, not because I'll ever own it but because I'm haunted by the "Death Probe" episodes. This auction is a prime example, it's super pricey and I'll do nothing but watch it pass by but my inner 7 year old is kicking me.

Lone Ranger and Tonto Water pistols- These are by Durham, who made some pretty quirky looking toys and I have a great deal of love for these. They were doing super deformed "Pop vinyl" type items before that was a thing.

Casual outfits for the Rookies dolls- This is just right up my alley, these are liesure suits and outfits for the 8" Mego-like action figures from the TV series "The Rookies". They're catalog exclusives and it's just my special brand of weirdness. I want to buy this and dress the Brick Mantooth doll in every single outfit.

Blood on his Lips Super 8 movie- I love Super 8 movies, heck i bought one this week and i'm pretty sure this is a retitled copy of "the Hideous Sun Demon" and I have a thing for Drive-In Schtick. If this is already gone it's because I bought it, yeah I'm like that.

Captain America Shooting Gallery- God I love this rack toy, it's the combination of a gun for Captain American (this is 70s Cap, not movie Cap) but the fact that it just had to be a Luger. I'm not even going to mention the whole thing going on with the card artwork.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

The artwork was taken from the Cap#164 cover. Got to love the Falcon being turned into a werewolf.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Kinda drawn to the water guns, not gonna lie.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The artwork was taken from the Cap#164 cover. Got to love the Falcon being turned into a werewolf.
        Recoloring Nightshade white was an...odd choice as well. This whole thing is just bizarre.

I love those Lone Ranger and Tonto squirt guns. But what's up with Tonto's colors? Is there a version where he has black hair and tan buckskins? Seems like I've seen that....

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• cockyhoskins
          Career Member
          • Jan 13, 2009

I'm guessing Nightshade was given the same flesh tone as Cap to save costs on printing. It is funny though. Even funnier is the fact that it looks like she isn't wearing any pants.

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

very cool stuff. yes, i feel the same way about the venus space probe! still in awe by that rookies outfit set!

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, that Cap shooting gallery is bizarre all the way around. You could count on good ol' Larami for weirdness.

Hmmm, I see that the Super 8 auction has ended, not surprised. Great cheesy box art and yeah, that looks like the Sun Demon.

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

That space probe is all kinds of cool.

Never even knew it existed.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎