X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Nichelle Nichols sad situation

When you hear an icon scream like that, you are just in shock...

Getting old sucks, man...
    sigpic
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I hate this about society. None of this belongs on the internet. Very personal moments should stay private. For all we know that son could actually have best intentions for his Mom and her mind is going. I hate seeing stuff like this pop up on media outlets. I wish her the best. That is an awful disease that affects the entire family.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I know first hand because my mom has dementia...and it’s more advanced than Nichelle’s. So it hits home hard.
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I hate this about society. None of this belongs on the internet. Very personal moments should stay private. For all we know that son could actually have best intentions for his Mom and her mind is going. I hate seeing stuff like this pop up on media outlets. I wish her the best. That is an awful disease that affects the entire family.
        I thought the same thing when I saw this yesterday. it's so sad to see anyone reduced to this state

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Agreed on all counts.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

There seems to be something inherent in some people that makes them paranoid against their family when they get old and lose their faculties... It's like they think they are a king and everyone in their family is trying to kill them... Perhaps when mental barriers are broken down we are all like that deep deep down.

Nah,

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

I have seen first hand what Dementia can do to family members. It is horrible! I didn't watch the clip but whoever posted it is piece of crap.

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

For anyone who has read my other threads know this cuts close to the vest. Regardless of whoever wants what her health should be first, and as my father progressed we took him to a lawyer and had things taken care of while he still had enough faculties to deal with it. So it's a double shame this hasn't already been handled and these parites are more concered about her finances and what they can get as opposed to her health.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Met her last year, and yes, she looked confused. My friend got an autograph, and halfway through, she lost track of what she was doing. It was sad to see.
                  She drew huge crowds, mainly because this was a rare European tour. When she saw the crowds, she looked afraid. It was too much.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎