Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive! Beware the Creeper! Watch Out for the Penguin!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Exclusive! Beware the Creeper! Watch Out for the Penguin!

The summer sun is starting to show itself, and while the weather gets warmer, things are really heating up at Figures Toy Company! Some of the hottest retro figures of 2019 are about to make their debut because FTC is expecting a June delivery full of coveted collectables for their DC Comics assortment. Today’s #MMFTCNEWS…

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

they both look great, but Penguin's shirt is too loose and that cigarette is way too big, although I guess they needed to do that to make it visible

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

looks like they put the Penguin on a short body like they should have done for the 66 version.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I get its supposed to be a 1940s cigarette holder and not just a cigarette. Just seems marketing weirdness to have the package with a picture o f him without it. And have the figure lack the one accessory he is pictured with, the Super Powers umbrella.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          I get its supposed to be a 1940s cigarette holder and not just a cigarette. Just seems marketing weirdness to have the package with a picture o f him without it. And have the figure lack the one accessory he is pictured with, the Super Powers umbrella.
          I guess FTC's cheapness is keeping them from producing an accessory that could have gotten some reuse. Its not like they aren't already gouging prices on these figures.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

How do you know they are gouging? You've seen their costs?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
              How do you know they are gouging? You've seen their costs?
              No I haven't but for the price there should be a spike in quality and there is not. It just seems like a cash grab and they don't care about sloppy sculpting, bodies and clothes.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The "cash grab" could be coming from higher costs in China and them doing smaller runs. I know people like to project "greed" on a company but it's not always the case, also, they're allowed to not lose their shirts on stuff.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎