X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glimpy
    Loco Chango
    • Feb 5, 2012

The word "RARE"

I frown upon sellers who use the RARE! HARD TO FIND! keywords in their listings. Because most of the time these are not HTF or Rare. Case in point, here is a mego penguin up for bid … in a RARE HTF alternative jumpsuit (It’s a freakin’ Joker jumpsuit). Either the seller is deliberately trying to deceive the buyer or is so clueless that they should not be putting up these listings at all. I also hate (I know hate is a strong word, but I am going for dramatics here) when they play dumb, like “I know nothing about this type of figure” .This just comes down to being knowledgeable about what you are collecting.

sigpic
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I don't see why anyone would even sell on ebay these days ?

Between the crazy high fees and the fact almost every buyer wants a refund for the stupidest reason one is left scratching their heads wondering WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER ?

As for the keyword spamming, dumb sellers don't realize NOBODY searches for RARE HARD TO FIND etc

I don't even browse ebay anymore, it's too depressing.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

The excuse "I know nothing about [fill in the blank]" always make me laugh. Really? In this day and age? You're already online,do a little research.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I don't mind it in the body of the description IF the piece is indeed rare. I don't think, however, it really helps at all. When was the last time you searched for something using the word "rare"?

In this case, the seller can't claim he knows nothing about Megos. If he "knows" enough to realize this is not Pengy's jumpsuit AND to decide this is rare, he knows more than nothing. That said, I understand when a seller puts out a disclaimer about knowing little about an item. I've sold stuff of which I've had little info and could find little info. I start those at lower prices and let the market tell me if its rare enough to draw big bids.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎