Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony609
    • Oct 19, 2018

Rack Toys... package repair?

Do any of you have any recommendations for rack toys that the glue is wearing out? Do you leave it? Do you re-glue? If so what type do you use? Any tips appreciated.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I use spray mount. Spray it into a Dixie cup then lightly brush on using cheap paint brush.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• tony609
      • Oct 19, 2018

Originally posted by palitoy
      I use spray mount. Spray it into a Dixie cup then lightly brush on using cheap paint brush.
      Thank you

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I use Aleene's Tacky Glue! You can find it at most craft stores. It's thicker than regular Elmer's glue, and super strong when it dries. It's funny you of all members should ask this question because I just recently repaired a carded Charlie's Angels Kelly figure. I got her cheap because the card was in really poor condition. The plastic blister part had come apart from the card and some of the top layer of paper was peeling away from the cardboard. I had taken some before and after pictures because I wanted to document the restoration for myself. Here she is before and after. It's not perfect, but she looks a heck of a lot better than when I got her.

Last edited by RonnyG; May 29, '19, 9:02 AM.

Comment

• tony609
          • Oct 19, 2018

Originally posted by RonnyG
          I use Aleene's Tacky Glue! You can find it at most craft stores. It's thicker than regular Elmer's glue, and super strong when it dries. It's funny you of all members should ask this question because I just recently repaired a carded Charlie's Angels Kelly figure. I got her cheap because the card was in really poor condition. The plastic blister part had come apart from the card and some of the top layer of paper was peeling away from the cardboard. I had taken some before and after pictures because I wanted to document the restoration for myself. Here she is before and after. It's not perfect, but she looks a heck of a lot better than when I got her.

Thank you as well

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎