X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

Salem's Lot Remake (yet another one)

James Wan is going to do yet another reboot of Salem's Lot. The original, flat-out, had some of the best vampire makeup -- ever! The cast was phenomenal. However, the sequel was simply horrible. The remake on TNT was not much better. Was Rob Lowe really the actor available for the main lead?

I am sure with James Wan producing, it will be ultra - violent. Don't screw this up James Wan! If he follows Tobe Hooper's version, we will be fine!
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

James Wan version could be interesting. I love the original and look forward to this.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

James Wan does great stuff. I will check it out.

I wish them luck, but try as they might, no matter what they do, they will never have the colossal traumatic impact on an entire generation of young viewers the way Tobe Hooper's 1979 version did.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by great_chandel
        ……….. The original, flat-out, had some of the best vampire makeup -- ever! The cast was phenomenal...…………….. Was Rob Lowe really the actor available for the main lead?
        "There are no bad actors, only bad directors"

To be fair, David Soul and Lance Kerwin wasn't exactly the cream of the crop of the 70's acting pool

The first movie was good and had some genuine scary parts but I also remember being bored to death with a lot of it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

if they are smart, and they probably aren't, they will tie it into the new Dark Tower series that is being made. Father Callahan plays a huge part in some of the later books in the DT series

Comment

• VintageJoe70
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 12, 2016

The original was great because of the makeup, the effects and just the fact that it has that whole dated look and feel...which obviously it is...you cant always get that same result with new stuff...
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎