X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

*****Best paint to use for "strawberry-blonde" hair?*****

Best paint to use for "strawberry-blonde" hair? And...GO!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

When I had a Paula von Gunther head painted, pastel yellow with the addition of a bit of orange was used.

Sorry if you wanted an acrylic color name.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      When I had a Paula von Gunther head painted, pastel yellow with the addition of a bit of orange was used.

Sorry if you wanted an acrylic color name.
      do you have any pictures you could show me? Thanks!
      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Not easily--I"m not exactly sure where it's at, I never found someone to make the costume.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Apple Barrel colors "Sunbeam" or gloss "Golden Yellow" might be good choices (links below for the colors)? Or another brand of acrylic paint in that color range.

Dana

Sunbeam
          Create fun and funky projects on a variety of surfaces with Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint. Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint is a must-have...

Golden Yellow
          Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint is the go-to crafter’s choice for projects big and small. Create fun and funky projects with this easy-to-use, high-quality...
          Last edited by danadoll; Jun 2, '19, 2:29 PM.
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Wouldn't those read as blonde, not strawberry blonde?

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Answered over at the FB page posting....I'm thinking more of actress Connie Britton of FNL and Nashville Fame....

Official Facebook group for the Mego Museum "Customego" section. Create, share, discuss and enjoy the custom action figure creations in the Mego format. Mego Format is not limited to 8 inch...
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                ^Wouldn't those read as blonde, not strawberry blonde?
                I thought they'd be orange enough to appear strawberry blonde.

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎