X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by palitoy
    Oh man, the fates were smiling that day, always ask questions, it was purple on the outside, vanilla with cherry blood interior.
    That's pretty awesome!

Comment

• MysteryWho
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 16, 2008

We did not have ice cream trucks in my small town (we did have those guys with a sharpening stone on wheels ringing a bell, major innovation). All our ice cream came from the store, or a couple of places that sold "hard ice cream" in a cone, (mostly from the Stoney Creek dairy company). I did not see a bicycle guy or the ice cream truck actually cruising the streets until I went to high school in the city. At the time I thought, where the heck were you my entire childhood? But we did get our ice cream fix in other ways. I have a bit of an ice cream problem right now(I eat way too much of it). Do you guys remember these funny little cups of ice cream that came with a wooden stick and had flavor streaks swirled into vanilla?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I still have the sharpening guy rolling though my neighbourhood.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Haven't taken advantage of an ice cream truck for the last 4o years or so but I distinctly remember orange push ups and that popcicle that had two handles and was red white and blue.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

We had an ice cream truck in our town...but I swear I could NEVER get that guy to stop for us! And we had like 3 to 6 kids in our group at one time or another. I've often wondered if the truck wasn't a front for something else, back then.

Oddly enough, my in-laws now help run an ice cream truck. The Choco Taco is pretty tasty.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Gzilla2000
              • Jun 28, 2007

My go to was always Bubble O' Bill and any money leftover was spent on Lemonheads and other Ferrara Pan candy.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Ice Cream vans still prowl the streets here regularly. I heard one the other day that used an ice-cream-chime version of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" theme as its music.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Wee67
                  What was your treat when the Ice Cream Man came by? I mixed it up between bomb pops, drumsticks, vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles and even the occasionally toasted almond bar. The one I went to the most often, though, was the Screwball. I loved Italian Ice (Water Ice in my Philly 'hood) and always liked getting the gumball in the end. The gumball was frozen into a chalky flavorless-ness, but I loved it just the same. So what was your standby back in the day?

Don’t remember its name, but I always liked the clown-shaped ice cream stick whose nose was a gum ball. Not Bubble O’Bill either. It had a whiter, friendlier face.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎