X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 23: Star Trek Utility Belt by Remco

This week we talk about Remco and it's long-running relationship with the Star Trek brand. The weird toys of the 1960s and the much more detailed items produced by the second incarnation of Remco.

Please hit like and subscribe for the new Toy-Venture each week.

Like us on Facebook.
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

Get the expanded digital edition of Rack Toys here.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • LardLad
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 13, 2012

Can't wait to watch this. This was without exception my favorite toy as a kid. I didn't realize util a few years after I received it that they also made versions of the utility belt for the Hulk and other super heroes...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! I never quite understood the relationship between AHI and Remco until now.

I had a Spider-Man utility belt, but the Batman one with it's big "redneck" belt buckle turned me off. I was too much of a purist. Spidey was close enough to his "Spider-signal" buckle.

I only wish this Trek belt was still available in the early 80s when I finally got into Trek. I had to make due with water pistols and an old tape recorder!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Another great video. I had always wondered if there was any relationship between Remco and AHIafyer the name purchase. If I know there was not.

The tracer phaser is, IMO, up there with the Evel Knievel stunt cycle as one of the few perfect toys. It made for awesome play! Those discs moved quickly, went a respectable distance and didn’t hurt when they hit you. The best toys inspired the best play!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Until a moment ago, I had no idea about AHI/Remco. That’s immensely interesting!

Secondly, until now, I was not familiar with the Star Trek Utility Belt. It’s really nicely executed, including all of the pieces...as I should have expected.

Great video!

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent video. I always admired these various belts but never had one. I'm amazed I never had a Bat-belt to complement my Ben Cooper playsuit. The Trek one was great, but I settled for the AMT model weapons instead.

The belt I liked nearly as well, and most as an adult, was The Shadow's--but I didn't realize until joining here that it wasn't Remco.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

For some reason, couldn't watch the video here, had to go to youtube to see it.

Sadly I never had any utility belts as a child.

That looks pretty cool though.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎