Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Cushing Born Today.. Lee and Price Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Peter Cushing Born Today.. Lee and Price Tomorrow!

On this day, May 26, 1913, Peter Cushing was born.

Tomorrow, May 27, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price share their birthday.

Three LEGENDS of Horror with their birthdays all within 2 days.

Coincidence?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Peter! My favorite Cushing villain is probably The Curse of Frankenstein, though I like his Van Helsing and The Mummy more.

I'm always disappointed that TCM shows war movies instead of Vincent Price ones on the 27th, but that's selfish.

I'll be watching the delightful Dr. Phinbes and another in celebration, probably House of Usher or Masque of the Red Death. Rappacini's Daughter is also great.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 26, '19, 9:15 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

It was all in the stars. It's amazing how some actors can shine so brightly.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

My favorite Peter Cushing quote

m

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Lol That's awesome, Mikey. That's a fun, underrated film.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Love all three of these guys. And they were all friends to boot.

Can you imagine if they got Price into an actual Hammer film with Lee and Cushing? The mind boggles.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I think what prevented that was Price's exclusive contract with AIP, something he lamented. He was unhappy making Madhouse IIRC.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Have you ever seen the comedy movie Salt and Pepper? (1968)

Spoilers-

Lee and Cushing have a super short cameo in the film, but it is absolutely hilarious!

The whole movie is really funny.

Comment

• Spawn67
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 14, 2009

Was thinking how cool it is in 2019 that I can go to my target and get a Peter Cushing action figure. Yes it is Star Wars but still.
                  I can also go my local Walmart and fina a abundance of all these guys movies in 2019 which is not a bad thing by any means.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Spawn67
                    Was thinking how cool it is in 2019 that I can go to my target and get a Peter Cushing action figure. Yes it is Star Wars but still.
                    I can also go my local Walmart and fina a abundance of all these guys movies in 2019 which is not a bad thing by any means.
                    And isn't it astonishing how good those movies are?

Considering many of Peter Cushing films were made before the movie studios could make money from home video sales.

All that great craftsmanship in the movies would be mostly lost if it wasn't for home viewing products and technology.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎