X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Curse you!! No respect, waugh, waugh, waugh,

(But I was disappointed about the umbrella, too. Luckily I found a party favor that worked.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• msenger76
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 3, 2009

I had a capeless 3.75" Draco from buck rogers that was always the first guy shot in my gijoe/star wars battles

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by TrekStar
        Least appreciated probably the Penguin ... Hulk because he was shorter then the others, which didn't make any sense since he was supposed to be bigger
        then the others.
        oh yeah - I forgot how I felt when I realized Hulk was shorter. I didn't know it until he was out of the package. It troubles me to this day. What on Earth were they thinking?

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

^Marty explained Hulk's height in an interview from the past year. Roughly, he said if you look at the box art image and "straighten" him out, it's a 9" figure, which didn't fit the tooling. So instead, he was made to represent that image.

I think of it like he's more of a Marx statue where if he's in the right pose - hunkered down like a boxer - you can then visualize him standing to full height. It kinda works as long as he's only next to Thing.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I don't know what would be my most Appreciated figure since I bought most of my MEGOs myself by saving up my allowance, gift money etc. I did receive Zira, Hulk and the Neptunian as gifts. I liked all three and thought the Neptunian was very cool. I was probley happy I didn't have to use my own money to get Zira since she was a "girl figure".

Least appreciated might be Talos. When I bought him the store also had the Romulan and the Andorian. I don't remember why I chose him over the other two. Maybe it was because he was in the original pilot or maybe I figured I'd eventually get the other two which I never saw again. I had fun with the Talosian but probley would have had more fun with the Romulan or Andorian.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
              Banned
              • Jan 24, 2009

I had many Mego figures as well as other figures but the 8" Spock figures we're my favorite. Loved his starfleet outfit but he changed clothes quite a bit, with action Jackson outfits as well.
              My biggest disappointment was the Star Trek STTMP 12" figures. The headsculpts were not that great and the legs broke very easily. 8" figures are the strong suit of Mego, with sturdy bodies and great headsculpts. I hope they improve in the headsculpts department. I also hope that when we get 12" Star Trek figures later on that they have great headsculpts and sturdier bodies.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Most Appreciated: ALL OF THEM! I only had WGSH, and not all of them, but my standouts were Batman & Robin (broken and replaced yearly), The Falcon, Green Arrow, and Iron Man. I guess Batman and Robin were most appreciated because I played with them the most.

Least Appreciated: 12" Movie Superman. Honorable Mention to 12" Spider-Man. Ugh! The 12" bodies were too bulky and Superman didn't look like the comic Superman, nor did he look like Christopher Reeve. But I was visiting my grandparents, and that was the only thing that Kings had that I wanted and it kept me occupied.

Years later, probably 1983 or 1984, I would find the Parkdale Batman & Robin at my comic shop and chose to buy those for $15 each (over Giant-Size X-Men #1 for like $70 because I couldn't justify the cost ) and they were and still are perfect. I finally saw the Parkdale Superman at a comic con last year, but couldn't pull the trigger; now I wish I did.

Comment

• Megolike
                  • May 29, 2019

most disappointing? Love boat...

Comment

• Megolike
                    • May 29, 2019

or maybe Puppet Love...

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Most appreciated was the first Action Jackson I got for my birthday; I never saw the figure until then. My parents had seen it, thought it looked like my GI Joes, and got it for me, saying if I didn't want him they'd take him back. Needless to say, that didn't happen, and he got me into my favorite toy line of all time. Probably the most disappointing (hard to say unappreciated, because I did ask for it) was Daisy Duke. After years of great female figures, she was such a downgrade on all counts that i couldn't help but be less than thrilled with her. Couldn't even really switch her to a regular body because the clothes couldn't transfer.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

Most appreciated had to be my Green Arrow. They were hard to find. I still have it and his box, which is about the only box I kept. Least appreciated was Dr. McCoy. I loved Star Trek, but I wanted Spock and I don't think my mom knew the difference.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Loved: Since I grew up watching reruns of Batman 66 along with the Shazam/Isis, my favorites were Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Shazam and Isis. I did have Joker, Penguin and Riddler. I was happy when I added Oz Scarecrow to Batman rogues.

Also had Spider-Man, Hulk, & Lizard. I am going to say that was because we watched the tv shows. That was as far as our Marvel collection went.

Least: Superman, yes we had both Superman and Supergirl but Superman just didn't fit in since there were no bad guys for him. I was really upset when the movie figures came out and they did not include them in the 8 inch style.

Disappointments: Never found Wonder Woman or Aquaman. There are some of the Marvel characters I do not remember having but not to sure if it was because we could not find them or were not looking for them.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• starsky
                            veteran member
                            • Aug 26, 2007

i had wgsh superman, hulk, spiderman, and captain kirk. loved them all!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 29, 2007

I only had a few Megos as a kid... Batman, Robin, Spider-Man... Joker and Dracula as villains.

My Batcave was a shoe box set on it’s side that I drew my own background on in the back of the empty box. The first thing to go were the oven mitts. Hated those.

Comment

• tllgn
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 6, 2010

Like everyone here .I loved them all but do recall being a bit disappointed about Mr mxzlplix .I though who is this guy? .why would Superman beat up a fat old guy .some wizard..I knew Batman had penguin .but this was Superman .I couldn't pronounce this wizards name as a little kid .I can't spell it now.
                                Later when isis came out at Montgomery wards in the box .I thought cool !.but it didn't look like Joanna cameron.who I loved on the show.it was a wonderwomen repainted head.(I already had her ). But her pic was on the box.but it was isis so I came to love it .but that first impression .I still recall that

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎