X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

eBay SELLER WGSH?

Ok, I have a question the I'm sure I know part of the answer to. The eBay seller Worlds Greatest Superheroes is obviously FTC, but a few things aren't adding up? For one...they sell a Cast-A-Ways Type S-Body...how can they do that? They also make Repro clothes for Marvel and Star Trek? I guess they can get away with the same way Doc Mego did for years, except for the fact that being on eBay makes them pretty high profile? Also, I noticed the their prices are considerably higher than their Website...maybe to offset the eBay fees mostly likely? I don't know...can't quite figure this out.

Reseller of the Mego Official World's Greatest Superheroes, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Mad Monsters clothing, capes, gloves, boots, accessories, weapons, boxes, blister cards and other similar items.
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This is a third-party reseller, IIRC in Staten Island. It stocks FTC/CTVT, DM, and some CAW. I don't anything is made "in-house" from what I see. The mark-up is noticeable.

Actually, I think it's the ebay store of a seller I've met at MegoMeet and bought from last year--but I can't find his business card and so not positive.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 26, '19, 8:11 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      This is a third-party reseller, IIRC in Staten Island. It stocks FTC/CTVT, DM, and some CAW. I don't anything is made "in-house" from what I see. The mark-up is noticable.
      What he said. The guy has amassed stock from everyone and resells. Sometimes I wonder if he actually possesses everything he lists, or if he buys it after he's got a sale. He's going for the convenience angle, but for me the mark-up isn't worth it.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks guys...this Seller was confusing me a bit. I thought I knew it I was, turns out I was mistaken.
        sigpic

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Isn't he on the Facebook groups? Mark something ?
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

One more question: has anyone bought the Removable BATMAN Cowl? They claim it's soft rubber like the original Mego...but the one FTC made was stiff plastic. I replaced my FTC RC with a Doc Mego one.

Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

If it's soft, it's likely the DM one. Unless he's offering free shipping, wouldn't you be better off buying from FTC or Doc?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

If it's soft, it's likely the DM one. Unless he's offering free shipping, wouldn't you be better off buying from FTC or Doc?
                I have the Doc Mego one which is very nice, but slightly different than the original Mego one. And I don't think FTC sells the cowl loose on their CTVT's website?
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

FTC is only a better deal if you buy a boatload from them. Shipping is pretty high and if they can they do first class instead of Priority and pocket more of the gouging.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I do tend to buy a lot at once, I know what you mean.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

you should live in FL where they stick you for tax, too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        FTC is only a better deal if you buy a boatload from them. Shipping is pretty high and if they can they do first class instead of Priority and pocket more of the gouging.
                        Yeah, when I do buy from them...I make sure I order enough to justify the high shipping cost.
                        sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by The Bat
                          I have the Doc Mego one which is very nice, but slightly different than the original Mego one. And I don't think FTC sells the cowl loose on their CTVT's website?
                          Yes, FTC sells their Cowl aka Helmet in both blue and black on CTVT. Just do a search for "cowl".

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            Yes, FTC sells their Cowl aka Helmet in both blue and black on CTVT. Just do a search for "cowl".
                            Thank you!
                            sigpic

Comment

• LardLad
                              Museum Patron
                              • Mar 13, 2012

If you're not in the US the CTVT site requires you to order a minimum of $40 worth of items. If you order less they automatically cancel your order. Just a heads up...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎