Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: MCU rumors

Images
    Jason Aaron's major misstep with that whole story arc was having the name itself "Thor" carry over to Jane. Thor isn't a title, it's his NAME.
    As we know from the comics, any human/alien/creature deemed worthy enough may possess the POWER of Thor... but not the NAME.

Anyway, lots of cool MCU announcements from SDCC...
    Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi and the Fantastic Four!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Dr. Strange 2 with Wanda's involvement is going to have her learning how to use her powers to warp reality and bring the mutants into the MCU from the Multiverse.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Shang-Chi might be the sleeper giant box office hit...especially if it catches fire in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    As we know from the comics, any human/alien/creature deemed worthy enough may possess the POWER of Thor... but not the NAME.
    That’s why I took issue with Portman’s casting. If she’s referred as Thor, then Houston, we have a problem. But if she goes by a different name, yet possesses Thor’s power, then that’s different, I’m cool with that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    That’s why I took issue with Portman’s casting. If she’s referred as Thor, then Houston, we have a problem. But if she goes by a different name, yet possesses Thor’s power, then that’s different, I’m cool with that.
    completely agree. although I guess there was precedent in the 90's with the guy that became Thor for a while until the real Thor returned and then the other guy became Thunderstrike

Images
    Blog Entries
    There are two hammers right now right? Stormbringer and Mjolnir?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Jason Aaron's major misstep with that whole story arc was having the name itself "Thor" carry over to Jane. Thor isn't a title, it's his NAME.

Anyway, lots of cool MCU announcements from SDCC...
    Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi and the Fantastic Four!
    Except when Erik Masterson wielded Mjolnir in the comics he was Thor, not something else. Only when Odinson reclaimed Mjolnir and he got another weapon did he become Thunderstrike. Someone else was Thor through much of the 90s and was still called Thor, so the precedent was there for Jane to be called Thor while she wielded Mjolnir. And Mjolnir, in the Marvel mythos, grants the power of Thor. Beta Ray Bill, while wilding Mjolnir for a short time (2-3 issues) never took on the mantle of Thor for an extended period of time to take the name of Thor. He got his own weapon almost immediately.

-M

Images
    Likely a non-issue in practice, as they are Steve, Tony, Peter, etc. most of the time anyhow. I am more surprised that-- given the way Portman has tried to quit the MCU previously-- they are offered her the opportunity. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie or Jaimie Alexander's Lady Sif both seem like they are more deserving, both as actors and as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Likely a non-issue in practice, as they are Steve, Tony, Peter, etc. most of the time anyhow. I am more surprised that-- given the way Portman has tried to quit the MCU previously-- they are offered her the opportunity. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie or Jaimie Alexander's Lady Sif both seem like they are more deserving, both as actors and as characters.
    Agreed.

I am not as excited about Phase 4. I think the lack of A-list heroes is really apparent. I'm open to anything, but less excited about Disney+ than films.

What about Ant-Man?