X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

MCU rumors

Charlie Hunnam another too tall guy being tossed around as Wolverine and The Rock as possibly Beta Ray Bill, Thing or Namor. Beta Ray Bill may just be voice and motion cap so it might work in a quick role for him.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Ya know, Charlie Hunnam isn't the worst choice I've heard for Wolvey...might work! I still prefer Scott Eastwood though.
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Charlie Hunnam should have been Aquaman. I could see either as Wolverine, I'm not so invested in the character.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

I was under the impression the Rock was under contract with WB with a non-comp. The signed him for Black Adam and then pretty much shelved the project for almost a decade it seems. I have no doubt Beta Ray will be in the next Guardians film, but I don't think the voice actor will matter much if they go full CGI.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Rock has wanted to play Namor since the Scorpion King. He signed on for Black Adam because Marvel wanted Daniel Day Lewis and Universal wanted Decaprio. Now that he's back at Universal with Hobbes/Shaw, I wouldn't be shocked if Aquaman lit a fire under him.

Hunnam's too much of a hot property now to be the choice for something supposedly five years off. He's more likely up for a Phase 4 role.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

rumors I've read are beta ray bill is in the next GOTG, a Nova film is in the works and Deadpool will be introduced in the MCU in the next spidey movie after far from home.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Rock is supposed to be trying to meet with Feige, doubt if its just for tea.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

"Trying to meet" most likely means trying to get Marvel to move Disney on whatever concessions they want from Universal. The Namor rumors have been consistent since Derricksen signed for Strange 2, so this all sorta fits. If Rock was Namor in Panther2...that's like MCU's Batman v Aquaman.

You know one actor I'm really surprised hasn't been mentioned for Marvel over the years? Hugh Laurie.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                  "Trying to meet" most likely means trying to get Marvel to move Disney on whatever concessions they want from Universal. The Namor rumors have been consistent since Derricksen signed for Strange 2, so this all sorta fits. If Rock was Namor in Panther2...that's like MCU's Batman v Aquaman.

You know one actor I'm really surprised hasn't been mentioned for Marvel over the years? Hugh Laurie.
                  If he is used in Strange 2 it could be setting up the real Defenders too. Silver Surfer's available and Valkyrie and the Hulk are about so why not?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Who else is Disney suppose to be swapping out in X-Men?

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Jason Momoa would’ve been my first choice for Namor, but he’s got the Aquaman gig now.

But the Rock would be a good Sub-Mariner too...he does have that eyebrow going on, just like Namor, lol...

I can see Hunnam as Wolvie too...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I can deal with him as Wolvie better than that guy DC cast as Batman. He looks like he's always sucking a lemon.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          If he is used in Strange 2 it could be setting up the real Defenders too. Silver Surfer's available and Valkyrie and the Hulk are about so why not?
                          That's what it felt like, but I don't know about Surfer, though. Maybe Adam Warlock as a stand-in.

But I would think if Coogler wanted to do Panther v Namor, he would get first option.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                            That's what it felt like, but I don't know about Surfer, though. Maybe Adam Warlock as a stand-in.

But I would think if Coogler wanted to do Panther v Namor, he would get first option.
                            Surfer comes with the Fox merger right? He's an FF character. Plenty of other defenders usable too. Nighthawk, Hellcat, Moondragon, Hawkeye. The Defenders would be a logical next step to replace the Avengers and share a member or two already, assembled by Strange.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Surfer comes with the Fox merger right? He's an FF character. Plenty of other defenders usable too. Nighthawk, Hellcat, Moondragon, Hawkeye. The Defenders would be a logical next step to replace the Avengers and share a member or two already, assembled by Strange.
                              ^I'm with you on that. The issues for MCU is Defenders can't be used as a title due to the Netflix deal, (same reason those actors can't carry over) and while Surfer would be available, do you jump to him and bypass Galactus? They could, which would probably make him more interesting as it wouldn't be the same intro story for the dozenth time.

Looking at team history, MCU already has Valkyrie on Earth and doing nothing. Her and Pym are two free and clear. Hawkeye and Hellstrom would be contingent due to streaming shows.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎