X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Klosterheim
    D23 made it official, Obi-Wan series to be on Disney Plus!
    YES!!

"The long-rumored Obi-Wan Kenobi series at Disney+ is finally official. The series was confirmed today at the D23 Expo when Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy invited Star Wars prequel trilogy star Ewan McGregor to the stage and confirmed the series will soon begin filming.
    “We have all the scripts written we’re ready to start shooting next year,” said Kennedy, according to Variety."

Star Wars prequel series actor Ewan McGregor has confirmed at the D23 Expo that he will play Obi-Wan Kenobi in a Disney+ series.
    sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Looking forward to this, but I still long for a meaningful postquel. All these dudes are dead.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I’m curious about this. I really like McGreggor (he was amazing in the third season of Fargo) but found him to be like a block of wood in the prequels, but then so was everyone else so I have to point at the direction as the problem.

However... a new director, maybe some really strong character writing (because we already know where the story is going) might be great. I’m kind of imagining a Kung Fu type thing, I don’t know.

I’m not getting the app tho so I’ll have to bootleg it to find out.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I thought Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan was the best part the prequels. I'm sure the series will be a lot of fun.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I thought Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan was the best part the prequels. I'm sure the series will be a lot of fun.
            Agreed. He was the only actor able to rise above the stiff dialog and robotic direction. I don't hate the prequels like some, but even great actors like Natalie Portman and Terrence Stamp are really wooden in those films.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Agreed. He was the only actor able to rise above the stiff dialog and robotic direction. I don't hate the prequels like some, but even great actors like Natalie Portman and Terrence Stamp are really wooden in those films.

Chris
              I’m one of those people. Well, “hate” is too much, but I find them unwatchable, but I like McGregor.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I would agree that McGregor's Obi Wan was actually a decent performance.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

It will likely be good. But...

I am sad to see Star Wars do the reverse of Star Trek, and go from Cinema to Television.

Star Wars television, even when good (Clone Wars) is a bit diluted. Stakes seem lower. Pace seems slower. I hope Disney+ can change my mind, but I think Star Wars belongs on the Silver Screen. And by most accounts, Obi-Wan: A Star War Story, would've been a theatrical film, had the idiotic Star Wars fanbase not cut off its nose to spite its face complaining about the Last Jedi.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎