Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan Kenobie series coming

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    I know it was never considered canonical
    Before Empire, Splinter was canon. It was originally planned as the official sequel to SW.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I’m all for Ewan McGregor reprising his Obi-Wan Kenobi role, great news.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Before Empire, Splinter was canon. It was originally planned as the official sequel to SW.
    actually, I think it was only planned as an inexpensive sequel, should Star Wars not do well at the box office. otherwise Empire or what would become Empire, was the plan

Images
    Yes, Splinter was planned as a low budget sequel that would have reused many props.

Splinter is still the only sequel that is in true perfect canon to SW. So many plot points got retconned during the production of Empire. Like changing Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker. Obi Wan didn't lie to Luke from any point of view. Darth Vader did murder Anakin and Luke was actually supposed to meet Anakin's ghost, not Obi Wan's, on Bog world. Leia and Luke were also NOT siblings in SW.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Splinter was planned as a low budget sequel that would have reused many props.

Splinter is still the only sequel that is in true perfect canon to SW. So many plot points got retconned during the production of Empire. Like changing Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker. Obi Wan didn't lie to Luke from any point of view. Darth Vader did murder Anakin and Luke was actually supposed to meet Anakin's ghost, not Obi Wan's, on Bog world. Leia and Luke were also NOT siblings in SW.
    always wondered why Lucas redid al of that Anakin stuff. Maybe he saw a Vader face turn at the end the only way for Luke to survive the two on one Emperor Vader gang up. And he had to come up with a good reason for Vader's change of heart, so sonny boy was the solution.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

I personally think Empire ruined Star Wars. When the movie came out, I was like, "What the hell is this?" I thought the movie was okay, but it wasn't anything like Splinter. I think the entire franchise would have been better if they went the Mind's Eye story.

Images
    It happened for Solo...it happened for Trek. Twice actually. Are we ok with recasting roles of classic characters to younger actors? I dont want to see Luk Skywalker teen moisture farmer ..but a Han Solo movie series would be ok with me.

It will be a day long remembered, you have not seen the end of Kenobi.....

Images
    Sebastian Stan bears an uncanny resemblance to a younger Mark Hamill, and he's already on Disney's payroll....

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Stan has also already been rumored to play a young Luke