Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan Kenobie series coming

Images

Obi Wan Kenobie series coming

so it was announced that there is apparently an Obi Wan TV series with Ewen McGregor in the role, coming to the streaming service. and a Boba Fett series. sounds like they are rolling the previously planned solo movies into TV series for the new platform

Awesome! All the better. They can pack all sorts of cool things into a TV Series!

Images
    I do hope this turns out to be true! It's something I've wanted to see BADLY! The most recent article that was published today, was quoting a starwars.net story publish Feb. 19th. So...I guess we'll see.

I prefer my Star Wars cinematic, but I'm willing to try and see what Disney+ has to offer. I find it odd that Bob Iger announces there's too much Star Wars and that the market is saturated, and yet they have announced, what, like 4 or 5 shows already? Clone Wars, Resistance, Mandalorean, Obi-Wan... The skeptic in me reads between the lines and sees the "hiatus" Iger announced as a company line to funnel traffic towards their streaming service, which is Disney's #1 focus right now (sadly).

The 7 year old in me says, yay, more Star Wars.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS:

Obi-Wan can have many Tatooine adventures and dramas, and I was thinking that they can throw in some flashback episodes, using the computer to make him up at various ages from his past, including the earliest days of his Jedi training, not just the time that was towards the end of his Padawan phase. They can show any time period, including the early years of the Clone Wars, this time not animated, we could get to see live-action Obi-Wan in armor.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosterheim View Post
    They can show any time period, including the early years of the Clone Wars, this time not animated, we could get to see live-action Obi-Wan in armor.
    I like this idea!!

Thanks! Super-cool! The stories should be really good, I am looking forward to them.

Images
    Very excited for this. I wanted an Obi-Wan movie more than a Solo movie. I really enjoyed Solo, and hate that it didn't meet expectations, but worse yet, killed future spin-off films. Nice to see the concepts will have a home on Disney Plus.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I'd would have preferred a Solo series. I wanted something like that since reading Han Solo at Star's End when I was a kid. There's just so much more story wise to mine with Han and Chewie's adventures in the classic trilogy era.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I know it was never considered canonical but wouldn't it be fun to have a Splinter of the Mind's Eye Made for TV movie on the Dischan? Recast with younger actors...invite Mark for a cameo...make it a fun Friday night movie.