X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Obi Wan Kenobie series coming

so it was announced that there is apparently an Obi Wan TV series with Ewen McGregor in the role, coming to the streaming service. and a Boba Fett series. sounds like they are rolling the previously planned solo movies into TV series for the new platform
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Awesome! All the better. They can pack all sorts of cool things into a TV Series!

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I do hope this turns out to be true! It's something I've wanted to see BADLY! The most recent article that was published today, was quoting a starwars.net story publish Feb. 19th. So...I guess we'll see.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I prefer my Star Wars cinematic, but I'm willing to try and see what Disney+ has to offer. I find it odd that Bob Iger announces there's too much Star Wars and that the market is saturated, and yet they have announced, what, like 4 or 5 shows already? Clone Wars, Resistance, Mandalorean, Obi-Wan... The skeptic in me reads between the lines and sees the "hiatus" Iger announced as a company line to funnel traffic towards their streaming service, which is Disney's #1 focus right now (sadly).

The 7 year old in me says, yay, more Star Wars.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Obi-Wan can have many Tatooine adventures and dramas, and I was thinking that they can throw in some flashback episodes, using the computer to make him up at various ages from his past, including the earliest days of his Jedi training, not just the time that was towards the end of his Padawan phase. They can show any time period, including the early years of the Clone Wars, this time not animated, we could get to see live-action Obi-Wan in armor.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Klosterheim
            They can show any time period, including the early years of the Clone Wars, this time not animated, we could get to see live-action Obi-Wan in armor.
            I like this idea!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Thanks! Super-cool! The stories should be really good, I am looking forward to them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Very excited for this. I wanted an Obi-Wan movie more than a Solo movie. I really enjoyed Solo, and hate that it didn't meet expectations, but worse yet, killed future spin-off films. Nice to see the concepts will have a home on Disney Plus.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I'd would have preferred a Solo series. I wanted something like that since reading Han Solo at Star's End when I was a kid. There's just so much more story wise to mine with Han and Chewie's adventures in the classic trilogy era.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I know it was never considered canonical but wouldn't it be fun to have a Splinter of the Mind's Eye Made for TV movie on the Dischan? Recast with younger actors...invite Mark for a cameo...make it a fun Friday night movie.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                      I know it was never considered canonical
                      Before Empire, Splinter was canon. It was originally planned as the official sequel to SW.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I’m all for Ewan McGregor reprising his Obi-Wan Kenobi role, great news.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Before Empire, Splinter was canon. It was originally planned as the official sequel to SW.
                          actually, I think it was only planned as an inexpensive sequel, should Star Wars not do well at the box office. otherwise Empire or what would become Empire, was the plan

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Yes, Splinter was planned as a low budget sequel that would have reused many props.

Splinter is still the only sequel that is in true perfect canon to SW. So many plot points got retconned during the production of Empire. Like changing Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker. Obi Wan didn't lie to Luke from any point of view. Darth Vader did murder Anakin and Luke was actually supposed to meet Anakin's ghost, not Obi Wan's, on Bog world. Leia and Luke were also NOT siblings in SW.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Yes, Splinter was planned as a low budget sequel that would have reused many props.

Splinter is still the only sequel that is in true perfect canon to SW. So many plot points got retconned during the production of Empire. Like changing Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker. Obi Wan didn't lie to Luke from any point of view. Darth Vader did murder Anakin and Luke was actually supposed to meet Anakin's ghost, not Obi Wan's, on Bog world. Leia and Luke were also NOT siblings in SW.
                              always wondered why Lucas redid al of that Anakin stuff. Maybe he saw a Vader face turn at the end the only way for Luke to survive the two on one Emperor Vader gang up. And he had to come up with a good reason for Vader's change of heart, so sonny boy was the solution.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎