Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Picard teaser

Data, Riker, Hugh...and SEVEN OF NINE!!!!

I never signed up for CBS for Discovery...but I’m signing up for Picard for sure...

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    I love Picard, and I love Patrick Stewart... TNG is okay. A bit overrated to be honest. But, based on this alone, this seems to have a case of "the Dours." To be honest, it looks to be more serious and psychological than fun and adventurous. Nothing about this presentation makes me want to subscribe.

I'm just an aging guy who probably is just going to be content with the 79 TOS episodes and 22 Animated episodes.
    These are generally my opinions as well. I've been watching TNG lately and it hasn't aged well.

I'm intrigued by these trailers but certainly not enough to subscribe to them.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Looks good! Nice to see Seven of Nine back.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

I cannot wait for this show. I have high expectations and seeing Riker and Picard with Troi, Data, semi-human Hugh, and the Borg. Good looking cast of newcomers as well. I'm stoked!!
    I post in thy general direction!

It might be good. A little weird, but good.
    The actors will probably see an increase in fans of them at the Star Trek Convention.

They will need some 'Picard' 8 x 10's of their characters in the same scene together.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I've been watching TNG lately and it hasn't aged well.
    Funny you say that... Last year, I watched all TNG episodes start to finish, and (season 1 notwithstanding) I thought it was a lot better than I gave it credit.

Images
    I loved TOS when I watched reruns on Saturdays. I loved TNG when it aired (though I didn't start until later seasons and had to watch first few in reruns).
    I loved all the Trek movies old and new except 6 and insurrection. DS9 and Voyager had some OK stuff, but not worth watching all of them. Enterprise was bad. I am not going to watch Discovery until it streams on a service I already have. I will give Picard a watch (unless it is CBS streaming only - and it looks like it is). I love the character and I can see how they can use this as a way to make essentially new Next Generation episodes. Picard narrating as younger actors fill new roles. It is a platform to sell trek to suckers like me who want a connection with existing characters and situations.

PS I am currently rewatching TOS - talk about not aging well. The show is still great, but some of the situations and the choices Kirk makes are unbelievable. Some of the actors, choreography, and dialogue are rough at best. and costumes, sets and special effects are admirable for the time, but are just a little silly now.

TNG has aged better.
    Last edited by Brue; Jul 22, '19 at 10:22 PM.

Images
    I think the effects on TNG have not aged well at all. TOs actually looks much better, although I admit I tend to watch the remastered versions when I watch

Star Trek The Original Series looks fantastic on MeTV. TNG looks good on Netflix. I lately find TNG and TOS easier to re-watch. I ran through Enterprise a few times, and with only four seasons, I'm starting to memorize about everything in it. I loved DS9 when it aired and enjoyed many repeats, but now season 7 is a little rough because all the episodes are closely linked together as one thing.

I am excited for Star Trek Picard now. I like expansions on old characters.

It might be one story arc too, but it should be cool.

What I think is best is that they have stand alone episodes with a second part at most, with the exception of ones like The Best of Both Worlds, where after two parts, the next episode is somewhat of an epilogue third part.

It will be nice if they keep making Picard, because I want Star Trek to expand in material, and Lower Decks looks like fun as well.

Images
    Jeri Ryan still looks amazing

I am intrigued by this show, but I doubt I will get the streaming service. if word of mouth is good I will just buy it when it comes out on disc