X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Superhero Cake Toppers from the mid 1970s- I've had a couple of sets of these guys and they still go for $5 each. I don't think they're licensed but there is something so lovable about them, especially since they look like they've had enough cake.

Presto Magix Empire Strikes Back Store Display- I won't lie, this sends me to fifth grade and I like it there. Presto Magix are my jam and these were fun. I want this.

Superhero Fridge Magnets- I have these all over my fridge, they're childhood, pure childhood to me. This lot is kind of expensive but they do pop up reasonable.

Dark Shadows Magic Slate- While this is rare as heck, this has been on eBay for a long time because I don't think the seller really wants to part with it. I'm a sucker for Barnabus Collins merchandise, I don't expect anyone I know to hit the buy it now but man it's kind of cool.

Mr Spock Bop Bag- Don't hit Spock, he's scary strong and totally flips out if you mention his mom. I have one of these, if I could get it back in the box it could be your for half this price.

BONUS AUCTION:

Mego Sleestak Custom- As readers of this blog know, I loves me some Sleestaks and this figure by Rachel makes me smile. BUY IT!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I had the rubbery set of the DC cake toppers as a kid, and I think they actually came from a birthday cake I had. There was a dog thrown in with them too, and as a kid, I assumed it was Krypto, although he had no cape, and had some gray on the top of his body.

Only Captain Marvel survived from my childhood set, but I got a rubbery Robin SOMEWHERE along the way (I literally have no idea where he came from, or when) and I do have a set like you showed above.

I have a few of the magnets, but would love to have that Kirby Cap one!

I look forward to this feature every week. Thanks as always for doing this!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I have a bunch of the Empire Prestos. There was major unsold stock on those in the 80s and 90s. Great, great fun.

You make me want to cry with the magnets. I wish someone would reproduce them. Does key art of this nature even exist for modern characters these days?

I have to accept that these are something I will never own.

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Love love love the superhero magnets but that lot is crazy expensive or else the price of them have jumped since I bought mine

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Would love to complete my collection of Super Hero magnets. Still only have four of them after all these decades!
          The Empire Presto Magix sure bring back great memories.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• msenger76
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

i just picked up 2 different sets of those presto-majix in the last month. i am so tempted to open them. loved those so much growing up

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I love the magnets, although I think I'm short on some of the Marvel ones in my collection.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎