Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAttel Retro Action Black Manta Body ONLY

Images
    Blog Entries
    Let me check my parts bin, they're all disassembled. I know I need to save one for Sinestro and one for Black Panther.

I need to dig out the Mantas, too. It slipped my mind over the holiday, I'm getting so woolly-headed.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    PNG, any luck on this....?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Let me check my parts bin, they're all disassembled. I know I need to save one for Sinestro and one for Black Panther.

I need to dig out the Mantas, too. It slipped my mind over the holiday, I'm getting so woolly-headed.
    This might help for removing the DC Retro head
    http://megomuseum.com/community/show...49#post1071549
    Last edited by Mego Magyar; Jun 1, '19 at 9:28 PM.

Images

Or this
    https://www.facebook.com/10001023139...393751&sfns=mo

Images
    Blog Entries
    I just dug out and opened my Black Mantas this morning. I'm not going to try the boil method, because the helmet is in two parts: The top is vinyl, glued to a solid plastic base/neck guard. I'm afraid it would all pull apart, and I need at least one of those heads. I'm sorry, Darkbros.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Also, I have to say that these figures have not aged at all well. The bodies are extremely floppy. The glue on the helmet has cracked and discolored. Double-sided tape was used to position the belt in front and has left a sticky, oily residue on the bodysuit.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 2, '19 at 10:15 AM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Question--I was able to very cleanly crack apart a figure to extract a head--do you want the pieces & replace the elastic for the legs?

Images
    Question--I was able to very cleanly crack apart a figure to extract a head--do you want the pieces & replace the elastic for the legs?
    Yikers!
    Can you post a pic of how cracked it is? Would I be able to Seal the Crack with Super Glue, or is it so bad that it can't be sealed?
    ( Hopefully a straight seam crack along the sides of the torso?)

Just trying to get a sense of what I'll be working with here.....Still interested though....

Images
    bumped