X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

8" Flash Gordon set

Always wanted 8" versions to go with my the rest of my Mego. Received shrunk Flash and Ming heads from Austin. Have no been able to find a shrink on Zarkov. Considering Dr. Mego's bearded adventurer (Dr. Quest) head for Zarkov and an invisible woman with black hair for Dale. My question is; Can anyone suggest better heads for these characters?
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

If you could find a shrink of Black Hole's 12" Dr Reinhardt I think that would fill the bill

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Bearded adventurer head looks good for Zarkov. New Mego Kelly Garrett for Dale.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Mikey: Not interested in head shrinking, but thanks for the suggestion.

Lonnie: As for the new stuff from MEGO, I'm still debating between Piper Halliwell and Kelly Garrett. Do you prefer Kelly over Piper? If so, why?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I just think the Kelly looks more like the Mego Dale than Piper.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

So, for Dale I went with Kelly from Charlie's Angels. Lonnie is correct about the head. She now has Daphne dress, Wonder Twin's belt and female black pirate boots. The rest of the four characters I'm working on, are still in a state of flux and waiting to be finished. Still trying to find the right head for Ming.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
              So, for Dale I went with Kelly from Charlie's Angels. Lonnie is correct about the head. She now has Daphne dress, Wonder Twin's belt and female black pirate boots. The rest of the four characters I'm working on, are still in a state of flux and waiting to be finished. Still trying to find the right head for Ming.
              Maybe a Mirror Spock? with a touch up or two.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

In the first post you said you had a Ming I thought. Maybe a painted Nosferatu for Ming. It would look cool anyway. Zarkov you could use Bearded AJ old or new, Little John, Robin Hood, or Dr Quest. Prince Beran I think Ivanho is perfect for or Robin Hood. Prince Voltan ..I like Blackbeard for him. If you got a resin of the Klingon and sanded off his hair would make a good Ming too.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                  In the first post you said you had a Ming I thought. Maybe a painted Nosferatu for Ming. It would look cool anyway. Zarkov you could use Bearded AJ old or new, Little John, Robin Hood, or Dr Quest. Prince Beran I think Ivanho is perfect for or Robin Hood. Prince Voltan ..I like Blackbeard for him. If you got a resin of the Klingon and sanded off his hair would make a good Ming too.
                  Ming head I got from Austin is a touch too big for my purposes. I got the new S type heads from CTVT. Got blonde guy and brown with beard guy for Flash and Zarkov. Steve Rogers from EMCE/Dimond and CTVT Little John head were stand-ins for awhile. I like Blackbeard for Prince Voltan, but part of me wants to hold out for a CTVT Space:1999 Mentor head. I'm going with Robin Hood for Prince Barin. Thanks for the suggestion on Ming.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Dr Cyclops, there is a Mentor head at the Wrestling Super Store, it comes on the druid figure that comes with the tombstone and coffin kits. Just look for druid in the search bar, cheapest one is $14.99.

Dana
                    Last edited by danadoll; May 12, '20, 6:17 PM.
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by danadoll
                      Dr Cyclops, there is a Mentor head at the Wrestling Super Store, it comes on the druid figure that comes with the tombstone and coffin kits. Just look for druid in the search bar, cheapest one is $14.99.

Dana
                      Thank you!

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Thank you!
                        No problem, Dr.

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

I stated this thread almost a year ago? See? See how long it takes to make customs? See?*
                          *Some customs come together quicker than others.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

I keep looking at the Klingon head, and liking it for Ming. ?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I stated this thread almost a year ago? See? See how long it takes to make customs? See?*
                              *Some customs come together quicker than others.
                              I've customs I've been trying to complete for 20 yrears lol
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎