Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Transports You Back In Time To A Past Decade?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

What Transports You Back In Time To A Past Decade?

What can send you back to another decade?

Can you be in a room where it's 1975 and everything outside the room is present day, but for you, it is clearly the 1970's, solidly felt.

Or, for instance, what do you encounter that will instantly teleport you back to the 1980's?

Is it an item?

A combination of things?

A sound, a place?

Is it music, art, books, comicbooks, toys?

One song?, One food?

Is it a vehicle or fashion?

Is it a person or name?

The weather or lighting?

Is it a memory?

Is it a dream?

Is it scenery and nature?
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

A time machine.

CCC.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Definitely music. I can hear a certain song and suddenly I will remember where I was when I first heard it and what I was doing at that time
      Last edited by Marvelmania; May 21, '19, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Movies made in the 70s are absolutely great. Movies that didn't intend to be a time capsule, but somehow are... I love that. I love movies that show food products in their old vintage containers. It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, or even a well known movie. Some of the Drive-Inn fare and Teen Comedies from the first half of the 1970s are pure gold for taking you back.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Some music or a handful of movies when they're really personal to a time in my life.

But until the past week, I hadn't been to a real LCS in around fifteen years. What got to me was the...scent?....a mix of comic paper, plastic bags and backing boards. It was like falling into a time tunnel and I was in the 80's. I've never gotten that vibe from a collector/toy shop. I want to find an old book store and see if that has a similar effect.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Songs for me … To this day every time I hear The Raspberries- Please Go All The Way I think of my first grade school classmate crush

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Wonderful! These replies provide me with pleasant thoughts and good ideas.

Things like this really are like a Connor MacLeod moment, remembering his in Highlander.

For me, special Christmas Tree lights allow me to time travel.

As well as antiques or specialty items. Some other things that take me back to flea markets.

Subjects that contain similarities in the past.

Movie scenes, like the sights and sounds of characters riding in a car or van.

One of my belt buckles.

And a bunch of things bring a flood of memories.

Even certain old catalogs.

Or a shop with a plain concrete floor.

Emotions too, are interlinked with memories.

Emotion as a form of memory.

Fresh air, cold weather.

In one case the taste or even thought of Rainbow Sherbet, and I'm pretty sure there was Rainbow ice cream made at one time, takes me back in Time to when I am eating desert and watching Animal House on an old television. Mixing the sherbet until it becomes gray.

Watching an old television series transports me back in Time to when and where I originally watched it.

Something caused a dream once, that I was in a year from before my Time, that was wild! Naturally, the world during that year was how I imagined it to be, as I walked around in different old stores, and if they had toys, they were only made of metal.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Just thought of another one …

The Beatles Let it Be

Was released when I started Kindergarten and became crazy popular on the radio

To this day I can't listen to Let it Be and not think of Kindergarten

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎